What kind of mushroom is this?

jussery17

hey everyone.....I only need to know what kind of mushroom this is exactly and what kind of lighting does it need and how long each day..thank you in advance! I'm thinking it's a bullseye but not sure...also should I take it off the piece that it came on or is it ok to keep like this? I was told it would spread and I wanted it to cover this whole dead white coral to pretty it up a bit....

Attachments

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a bullseye but can't really tell. Perhaps when it opens up more you can get a better ID. Leave it on its rock. Unsettling corals is stressful for them. Easily place where you want and the coral will grow in and around its surroundings.

2quills

They seem fairly adaptable in low or strong lighting but they don't like a lot of flow. If it's not opening up very big yet try closer to the bottom of the tank.

jussery17

Oh yeah in less that 24 hours it's opening and the little piece on the back that sprouted up wasn't there before! Do they grow this fast? It seems like every hour you can tell they have grown! Def are starting to open up very quickly...

Attachments

2quills

They don't grow quite that fast. They're essentially just speeding their wings as they acclimate to the new surroundings. They spread by splitting.

lmforbis

A very bleached anemone, not very healthy. No idea what species. What kind of lighting do you have.

jussery17

Sorry he said it was the lighting...switched bulbs and I took another pic...I know it's a long tentacle anenome but don't know what kind?

Attachments

lmforbis

That is a very bleached anemone regardless of the pic. They shouldn't be white and translucent. No clue what that one is. It will likely die a slow death.
Bubble tips are some of the easier nems but they still need very intense light. They require as much if not more light than SPS coral. Nems also need a mature stable tank with good water parameters. Generally at least a year up and running befor you should try a nem and only if you have enough light.