What might this be

iidylii

Just wondering what this black spot might be...right in the middle of his tail and there seems to be a faint one behind his front fin near his belly...any ideas what steps I should be takingimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

lmforbis

I see something that kind of looks like a bruise. Could it have had a run in with one of your urchins.

iidylii

Oh and as far as behavior...he eats like a pig a couple times a day...he does swim up and down the glass on the front of my tank all day long until he sleeps at night or eats during the day...otherwise I'd say he pretty Normal gets along with the other fish pretty well

iidylii

I see something that kind of looks like a bruise. Could it have had a run in with one of your urchins.
It very wel could be forbis...I just thought i would bring it up just in case there are other ideas or possibilities...but yes could be a bruise from the barbs of my urchin

2quills

Honestly just looks stressed right now.

Naso tangs will tend to lose their color like that and have dark blotchy patches or spots.

I say give it a few days and see if it goes away and it regains it's color.

jay0705

Honestly just looks stressed right now.

Naso tangs will tend to lose their color like that and have dark blotchy patches or spots.

I say give it a few days and see if it goes away and it regains it's color.
You know it's a metallic fox rt? Lol

iidylii

yeah generally when he gets stress blotches they go away in a couple seconds...this black dot on the small of his tail looks a little more permanent...some days he does go pretty stir crazy really zooming up and down and back and forth the front of the glass more then other days...very erratic even sometimes and sometimes very calmly up and down back and forth on the glass...so maybe it is a little stress...I don't know what I can really do about that...there are plenty of hiding areas and places for him to swim so if hes bored well I guess that's his own fault lol...he does pick at my long spine every so often so maybe he did get a little sting on the tail

iidylii

hmmm...yeah that post suggests its ich...I guess im not sure how fish act with ich but like I said this one eats like a pig still and swims constant all day...

considering I have a long spine urchin it very well could be a sting...anyways maybe its best I take him out and treat for ich...?

Wouldn't u think he would have dozens of blotches if it was ich? I know when I see fish with ich there's at least 50 or so white flakes on it

Last edited:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Does he have a big black dot or white salt like dots all over?

What is the size of your tank, and water readings? pH, salinity, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia.