What Will Hammer Corals Sweepers Kill Off?

rastaangel

Today I picked a few more hammer corals to complete my color collection but i am also running outta room bewteen others... SO what will there sting kill? All the others are hammers, frogspawn, zoos, xenia, kenya trees and ricorias

J

jstdv8

they can sting just about anything other than LPS i the same family, so hammers and frogspawn are safe to keep close to each other.
I think thier stingers don't reach much more than about 2-3" longer than the tentacles you see all the time, so it's reach isn't too terribly large.

J

jstdv8

maybe 6" total with the length of the pretty part of the coral.

acrylic51

They can reach alot further than 2-3"!!!! They sting anything they get too.... It's chemical warfare and they will compete for space.

S

smartorl

And hammers and frog will very much sting each other, the same goes for torches. While I do see some tanks where they seem to be co-existing just fine, I have had a very different experience in my own tanks.

I never had any problem with hammers and torches touching before. I always have them close to each other and bunching up. I also mix indo and Australian with no problems
The torch in this picture would sting everything, I was going to give it away. I decided to put it with the hammers and it finally calmed down. They touch and intertwine with no problems. I love the look of a hammer hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382370/what-will-hammer-corals-sweepers-kill-off#post_3358282
HEY MIKE.....Explain your avatar saying...LOL
Hi Meowzer, Its a perfect quote from the movie Batman. My brother is a pastor of a mission. People always say I will pray for you if you are sick, or need some kind of help.My brother doesnt only pray, he feeds thousands of people a week. Not only the homeless, but people like you and me that sometimes need a little extra help to get by that week. I try and teach my daughters, its not who you are underneath,(meaning you can be a great person inside) its what you do that defines you (meaning if you dont do your best to help others and to always do the right thing, it doesnt mean much) How many times have we herd, he is a good person at heart. Being a good person inside isnt always good enough, Just my opinion.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike http:///forum/thread/382370/what-will-hammer-corals-sweepers-kill-off#post_3358286
Hi Meowzer, Its a perfect quote from the movie Batman. My brother is a pastor of a mission. People always say I will pray for you if you are sick, or need some kind of help.My brother doesnt only pray, he feeds thousands of people a week. Not only the homeless, but people like you and me that sometimes need a little extra help to get by that week. I try and teach my daughters, its not who you are underneath,(meaning you can be a great person inside) its what you do that defines you (meaning if you dont do your best to help others and to always do the right thing, it doesnt mean much) How many times have we herd, he is a good person at heart. Being a good person inside isnt always good enough, Just my opinion.

spanko

I blame my mother for my poor s3x life. All she told me was 'the man goes on top and the woman underneath.' For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds.
Joan Rivers