When Huskies Explode

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///forum/thread/385239/when-huskies-explode/20#post_3378413
Flower that is funny, my wife's Grandmother lived with us for 4 years, soon after she moved in our Schnauzer was having digestive problems all the time, I asked Grandma if she fed the dog people food, she totally denied it. I new she was by the Schnauzer can't eat anything but her dog food, Perofrmatin (i think is what it's called) SO one day I caught her giving her some people food, I called her on it - the dog was never sick again. It was just out of the kindness of her heart.
When my late husband was alive we caught my mother feeding the dog cat food...Dan had a fit but all it did was make her sneak it to him..LOL..I could smell tuna on his breath.
My male dog is a giant cat, I expect him to start meowing anytime. He was so thin, and nothing we could do would fatten him up. He even turned down broiled liver. My mother cooked him some chicken and he began to gain weight. We tried many dog foods and the I'ams smart puppy is the only one he will eat. I was trying to get him to eat Eucanuba and a few other brands to no avail, after days he would nibble just a bit. He will eat tuna from the can and loves cat food...but this dog weighs 90 pounds of nothing but bones, I can't afford that much tuna to feed a dog his size and I don't think cat food is fit for dogs to eat.
I think he would eat raw chicken since I can give him a piece of raw skin and he eats that...But Mother insists she wants to cook him his chicken. It isn't worth the fight, my mom is set in her ways and the dog, like I said will hardly eat as it is.
This dog was really funny to watch eat...When Mother started feeding him chicken....he would lay down with his head over the food bowl. After staring at the food for 5 minutes he would begin to nibble, he acted like he didn't want his lips to touch the food. After 30 minutes he leaves the bowl half eaten...I tell to finish and he returns to the bowl and finishes.
After we got the female (Tamerah), he now eats his food like a normal dog, after it is half finished he goes to her bowl and finishes hers while she cleans up his bowl. Then he returns to his own bowl and she returns to hers. She then licks her bowl clean and Atticus sniffs his and walks away. Atticus is still under weight but the vet says he is healthy, Tamerah is not fat but she sure isn't thin.
So in the end as long as he eats, I'm happy.