where do you buy cheap ro/di water????

agoutihead

i think ive heard walmart no??
where are some cheap places to buy ro/di water if you dont have a ro/di machine???
also please include how much you think the water costs per gallon.
thanks!!

chipmaker

I used to buy mine from the LFS for 50 cents a gal. I now have my own RO/DI setup and its just about paid for itself already with gas saved running well over 100+ miles to and from town, and also time saved. Gave less than $125 for it delivered complete and ready to hook up an use.

matty0h_52

50 cents a gallon, and your getting taken. go for the 30cents a gallon at wallmart. 1.50 for 5 gallons. thats the ony way i go till i get a RO unit myself

agoutihead

ok so wall mart does sell ro/di??? does EVERY walmart sell it??? what department is this in??? do i need to take my buckets or does it come in jugs already?
thanks!

kdfrosty

I used to buy bottled distilled water from Wal Mart. It got expensive over time. I tried using their 'reverse osmosis" machine...the one where you bring your own bottle to be filled.....those are garbage. I tested the water and it was almost as bad as my tap water.
I found a place locally called "Purified H20 To Go". They only sell reverse osmosis water, and you have to have your own bottles. I pay for 100 gallons all at once...it's $25. Otherwise they charge $.35 per gallon.

oceana

we pay 50cents a gallon for salt and 30 for fresh. i have seen some LFS selling it for 100 a gallon which is just insane IMO
thank god i have a rodi unit coming soon becasue with the new tanks we are going through TONS of water.

Bryce E

If you don't have your own RO unit I see the need to obtain the water elsewhere but if you're going to have even one saltwater tank you are absolutely going to want to buy one. The most important thing in any tank is water. If it's a matter of cost you can get the "RO Buddie" for like $60 and it produces 50 gallons a day and it does a fairly decent job. But with weekly water changes and constant freshwater top off's you are going to drive yourself bonkers making trips for water and it will cost you more in the long run. Everyone is different but it's really easy to let your water changes fall behind if you have to go out of your way to get the water. Over the years I went from using conditioned tap water to obtaining RO water from the LFS to owning my own unit. Making your own is not only the most cost effective but it's also the most convenient. And personally I trust it the most because I use a very clean container and know how much water I've ran through my unit.

aduvall

I used to buy bottled distilled water from Wal Mart. It got expensive over time. I tried using their 'reverse osmosis" machine...the one where you bring your own bottle to be filled.....those are garbage. I tested the water and it was almost as bad as my tap water.
I found a place locally called "Purified H20 To Go". They only sell reverse osmosis water, and you have to have your own bottles. I pay for 100 gallons all at once...it's $25. Otherwise they charge $.35 per gallon.
Can I ask approximately what the test results were? Like was it phosphates or nitrates that were high? Or something else?

pegasus

I am planing to buy below link item and connect to regular sink, Is it a good or bad idea?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAYBVB8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=REU2BTZZCVG9&coliid=I1GQ8MNHXKXYLB
I recommend you stay away from those cheap models made in Taiwan, or who knows where. I bought cheap on my first one, and I ended up spending twice as much on upgrades as a decent one costs. I would also recommend you go with a 75 GPD system, as their membranes have a higher rejection rate than a 150 GPD. If you want good performance from a 150, you'll need really good water pressure. Anything below 35 makes them pretty useless. You'll make at least 3 gallons of waste water for each gallon of purified water. A booster pump makes closer to 1:1. I highly recommend you have the pressure tested, because a booster pump may be needed for the RO/DI system to perform at it's peak. Do yourself a favor... test your pressure and buy a quality kit that uses replaceable filters (not canisters). It will pay for itself because you replace filters, not disposable canisters and filters... and you'll get better quality and performance.

flower

Hi,

Not all Walmart superstores are created equally. over each refill station you will find info telling you what the TDS reading was, when it was tested, and the last time the unit was serviced and filters changed. The more a unit is used, the better the water quality, so a busy Walmart will have better water. By me it's 30 cents a gallon.

I already have RO water system for drinking, since it took so long to fill up 5 gallons of water, I could spend $80 and save a lot of time. My water test are tap = 275, Walmart water = 35, and my 10 years old RO water = 16.