Where to put this coral

symphony

I got this from the lfs, asked the name said it was a hard coral didn't give specific name. I asked about placement and feeding, they said anywhere, and it would feed from the lights. I feed bio plankton to my tank twice a week any way. but I had a hard time using the puddy couldn't get the coral to stick found a place it clicked like a puzzle, but stupid tubro snails kept knocking it over, so I took it and the rock out of the water to get it to squish together and placed it back in the tank. now it is looking faded, not sure if it's from trauma or placemnt. it's at the top of the tank with MH lights that are only 3mo. old dual stock nano pumps and added koralia 2, wave maker set to 30. sec. any advice welcome.
here are a before and after pic.

clown4life

I have one it is galaxea (star coral) I have mine low in the tank. KEEP a disstance from other coral. Mine lets its tentacles out and they have reached about three inches from it. I feed mine brine shrimp. the more flow it has the more the tentacles will be out.

symphony

okay good to know, thanks. will move it low in the tank and in a safe spot, do you think it's beyond repair? or just ticked from being kicked around and then mashed into a rock. how long would it take to recover?