White substance growing a new piece of LR

clear-seal1988

hey all have a new piece of LR looks to have something growing on the side of it waiting for camera to charge the will produce pics to study

in the mean time is white sponge harmful? dose it mean anything like as in the bacteria wise or balance of my tank?

Thanks guys

clear-seal1988

Hi Imforbis and thank you for your reply!

Thats what i was thinking i touched it yesterday and seemed pretty solid!

it dosnt seem to be getting any bigger as of yet just keeping an eye on it! i dont mind it if its not harmful if however it is indeed harmful it will have to go!! ;-) :) ;-)

Look forward to reply's and learning more wisdom :) ;):)

Happy reefing all

clear-seal1988

Hey Jay Thank you for your reply also :)

sorry if im going over old ground here guys but can i ask opinions on hermit crabs not just as a clean up crew but in general? i know its off topic i should probably start a new thread really lol :)

geridoc

Geridoc, it seems like people also come and go. ;)

How are you, my friend?
Doing well, thanks. I've retired, but they asked me back to teach part time, which comes to 4 more hours teaching than I had to do when I was full time. My wife has given me "Retirement for Dummies". I'm glad to see you posting again.

snakeblitz33

Well, stay busy... It's how you stay alive.

Good to know you are doing well, my friend. I'm back on here every now and then to check on things. Seems like a lot of people have left.

clear-seal1988

Hey all the Prodical son returns LOL had issues with ISP but back again! and update on the white substance it dosnt seem to have gotten any worse! or in fact grown any!

Big update after sugar dosing went horribly wrong been doing weekly water changes and testing every few days and it seems the last 2 tests that were done gave me a reading of

High range ph = 8.0
Ammonia = 0 ppm
Nitrite = 0 ppm
Nitrate = 0 ppm

Those results were the same for both tests and still crystal clear water was thinking of starting to introduce LS back into main DP tank this week what do you guys think?