White vs blue

jay0705

Ok white and blue leds. As a few of you know this whole reef idea is new to me. Are white day time blue night time? Or is it either one is day off is at night?.
Iam asking bc iam getting ready to hook up my ramp option on my leds and honestly usually only use the white as of now lol

lmforbis

Mine don't really have a blue vs white distinction. The color goes from very blue looking to almost yellow when the color is turned all the way up. My intensity is adjusted independent of color. Mine ramp up from very blue to a whiter color (50% color on a Kessil).

florida joe

My .02

Blue, violet, light are best for coral growth . These colors are essential for zooxanthellae. . White light is used over reef tanks, mainly for the aquarists' benefit - not the corals'.

mpdan

I have 2 Kessil A150w sky blue. I really liked this color when I had a fish only tank, but now that I have coral I prefer to have more blue. In my opinion the blue helps bring out some of the colors in the coral. It is a matter of preference.

2quills

My absolute favorite time for viewing my tank is in the evening when the whites go off completely and what's left is the u.v., violet, blue, with a little bit of green and red going. There's no substitute for the color pop in corals under those colors.

Whites will bring out the colors in fish though that the others wont.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you may not be very thrilled with the results of trying to keep corals under the lights you have. You can probably sustain softies and possibly some lps, but color and growth won't be very impressive for long.