Would a new tank mean trama?

wen tom

I AM SO confused. The guy that set me up a few years ago had beautiful SWF tanks all over (Drs. offices and such) and he had me gravel vac-ing. I'm amazed my parameters have stayed so well. (did some more reading) This forum had what was called "husbandry" (starting from the beginning) can't find them. Do you know what it would be under?

lmforbis

When I had gravel i vacuumed but with sand I don't need to I have animals that keep the sand stirred up just enough.
There are a lot of articles in the articles tab, especially if you go back a couple pages, that were written by Snakeblitz. They have a ton of useful information.

wen tom

Awesome, thanks. The Articles tab! Couldn't remember where all that great info. was. Yea! Thanks again!

wen tom

Found it, it's "Snakes Method For Basic Husbandry". Under "New Hobbyists".

Last edited:

wen tom

Ok well, need your opinion again. Looks like new tank is probably not happening. Would YOU leave in very large healthy blue hippo tang and very large dwarf zebra lion (75 gal. tank) or find them new homes? And word to the beginner! PLEASE do lots of research on all fish you want. I still see them listed as only needing very small tank (40 gal.!) if I look in the right place. But as I coninue to look thru other sources of info. the majority warns needs quite a large tank. So to prevent heart trauma to yourself as I'm doing now.:( Start off right.

wen tom

I LOVE saltwaterfish.com but really wish they'd advise bigger tanks for these guys. Or at least warn they will in the future.

nesfe

What I would do is go to Garf.org and get some off their grunge. Its loaded with creatures and everything necessary to get you tank up and running in no time. It makes anything put in the tank live, so you don't need live sand or rock. I've been using it for years, don't need skimmers or the like. My water changes are 10% per month That's it. Doesn't get any better than that.
Bob