yellow tang ich;?;?

rickross23

I bought a yellow tang yesterday for my 120g tank along with a cleaner wrasse. Today, he ate a little of my instant ocean herbivore mix and he grazed algae. When I got home, I saw him nipping algae off a snail, then he would rub against the snails shell. I saw him rub a rock also once. He rubbed on the snail adlnd rock for a total of about 4-5 times. Is this ich? The cleaner wrasse cleans him once every 5 minutes AT LEAST. I have been wanting a cleaner shrimp for a while, but they are $25-30 here, so I am waiting. Should I get a cleaner shrimp now? Is this normal for range to do when first introduced? My other tank inhabitants are 2 tiny clowns, 4 small chromis, and the cleaner wrasse. The yellow Yang is the biggest in the tank at about 2-3". Please help. Thanks.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Fish will scratch. Without the QT process before introducing fish to display, you do run a major risk of ich.
Keep an eye on the fish. Use a magnifying glass to look for signs of ich on fish.
Also, you may want to start thinking about what you will do if it is ich, since all your fish will need treatment if it is.