zoo med aquatic timer/powerstrip wont do anything...

adee

Its supposed to be a timer to turn lights on and off, weve done everything according to the instructions but the dial itself isnt moving, it isnt a true timer.. has anyone else had this problem? am i missing some kind of critical step? I kinda would like this thing to turn the lights on and off by itself like its supposed to.

adee

http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=360&DatabaseID=2&SearchID=5&SearchContext=YTo1OntzOjg6IlNlYXJjaElEIjtzOjE6IjUiO3M6MTA6IkRhdGFiYXNlSUQiO3M6MToiMiI7czo4OiJLZXl3b3JkcyI7czo3OiJhcXVhc3VuIjtzOjg6IlNlYXJjaF94IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoiU2VhcmNoX3kiO3M6MToiMCI7fQ==
thats the one we have.

novahobbies

ADEE, unfortunately this is a common problem with the Zoomed timer/powerstrip combos. You're not the first to have this issue...they just seem to be poorly-made in some way. Truth to tell, it's easier, and cheaper to get a good quality power strip and a few simple timers to plug into it. If you're using the timer for Metal Halides, make sure you find the timers that have built-in grounded plugs and ports.
I don't own the ZOOMED product personally, I'm just passing along info I've heard from other owners.

mr. limpid

I personal like the ones that are separate timer you get from the hardware store, because they actual work. Just get the kind that doesn't take up more then 1 outlet.