Zoo pox?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by kevin haynes, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kevin haynes

kevin haynes Member

I recently bought a frag of zoanthids and they are starting to die and look real bad now my other zoanthids in the tank are also lookin bad and not opening. I don't know if the first drag had anything to do with it but could it maybe be zoo pox? The frag I bought could of had it and then spread to my other zoanthids. I took a lot of pictures I don't know if they are good or not. I think there are some white dots on the zoanthids. I also just got new lights but I've been using them for days and the zoanthids still are not opening I'm pretty sure they weren't opening before I got the lights though.
    My first frag I had was doing great before I bought the other frag it was growing heads pretty quick and now all of the sudden it just stopped and wasn't doing will well once I got the other frag.

Attached Files:

2. 2quills

2quills Administrator Staff Member

Kinda looks like it to me.

3. kevin haynes

kevin haynes Member

What do I do for treatment

4. florida joe

florida joe Well-Known Member

Sadly IMO there is no effective treatment for bacterial infections in coral

5. 2quills

2quills Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like the most reliable method is to quarantine and treat with Furan 2. It's a aggeesive antibiotic treatment typically used on fish. I'd suggest reading up on it before you try it though since it's a different method used to treat zoas vs fish.