Randomly dying fish

cadens1

I have a 30 gallon saltwater tank. Quite a bit of live rock and have live sand. I was off to a good start until now. I’ve had 3 clown fish a Pygmy angel which was sick so I can’t blame the unknown for him. A blue spot jaw fish, a tiger jawfish, a scooter blenny a red dragonet but he jumped out, and a few others but I think I know there cause. My water is in good shape. Ph ammonia nitrite and nitrate. Do weekly water changes and top off with rodi. They will be good at one minute then dead by morning after fine the night before. I’m very aggravated and have lost a lot of money. I have a eshopps nano skimmer a tidal 55 a fluval heater and An ai prime 16hd. I hope you all can help. Greatly appreciated!

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing I notice is that you have chosen fish with very unique individual needs. Blennies are also dragonets and will enjoy slightly warmer water of around 78-80. The blue spot jaw is a deeper water fish and does better at 72-75 degrees. They both have very different diets as well. Tell me more about the system please. Age of tank and your actual chemistry readings please.

jay0705

The sick angel could still be the issue. You also are not dealing with easy fish either. Draggonets are notoriously difficult to keep.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
If the Pygmy was sick it could have made the others sick which could be the reason why your other fish died, the fish you listed aren’t the easiest to keep. The fish do require different diets