My new fish will only eat frozen?!

PoppyD88

I got a Wyoming White Clownfish, a regular Black Ocellaris, a Scooter Goby, and Purple Firefish from my LPS a few days ago. The LPS fed them frozen food twice a day. I want my fish to have a variety of food by feeding them all types of food, but they won’t eat pellets or flakes. What should I do? I already spent money on flakes and pellets.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve had this issue with my bangaii cardinal wouldn’t eat frozen for anything even tried to not feed the tank for a few days, the fish may come around and eat the flakes and pellets but they may not it all depends on the fish

PoppyD88

I’ve had this issue with my bangaii cardinal wouldn’t eat frozen for anything even tried to not feed the tank for a few days, the fish may come around and eat the flakes and pellets but they may not it all depends on the fish
Should I try not feeding the tank at all for a few days or maybe I could just not feed them frozen for a few days?

PoppyD88

You could but just make sure the scooter blenny doesn’t get to skinny you can spot feed him. It might work or might not
I know they’re bottom feeders but I haven’t seem him eat at all, there are left over pellets and maybe some flakes at the bottom. But he never swims up during feeding time. I expect that since he’s a sand sifter he’ll never go higher than like an inch off the sand.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I know they’re bottom feeders but I haven’t seem him eat at all, there are left over pellets and maybe some flakes at the bottom. But he never swims up during feeding time. I expect that since he’s a sand sifter he’ll never go higher than like an inch off the sand.
do you have copepods in the tank for for scooter blenny? They eat Mysis and brine more frequently then pellets and flakes