¤55 Gallon Fish-Only-Liverock¤

excite74

I am turning my 55 gallon reef into a fish-only with about 30-35 lbs of live rock. The tank is a year old so it is well-established. It will be run with RIO brand Pumps for circulation, some kind of mechanical filter and a skimmer. I have a 3" deep sand bed and I was planning on these fish: 1 Auriga Butterflyfish, 2 yellow-tailed blue damsels or 3 neon blue gobies, 1 Black Knox Dwarf Angelfish, and maybe some other smaller fish. How would this combination be? Any fish you would like to add or take out...any suggestions are welcome! Thanks

All yhis sounds good but it mostly depends o your filtrition and what type you useing. Why are you breaking own your reef?

dfishh

butterflys tend to be less hardy and tough to take care of, and they mite need a bigger tank than 55. im not a BF expert, so u might know more about them than me. have fun with ur new tank.
DAVE

excite74

I have read at many websites that the Auriga Butterfly can live well in a 55 gal. I will probably use just a powerfilter along with a good skimmer for filtration. Any other comments/suggestions?? Does anyone know if the Hagen/Aquaclear powerfilters 500 are any good? I might get 2 for my 55 gal.