1/2 yr B'day...

nm reef

...my new system is 6 months old today. First water was added to the new display on 2/1/04.My origional plan was to have new lighting...larger sump...larger refugium...increased circulation...improved overall filtration...old livestock moved in...and a few carefully selected SPS corals added...all by mid July. Well here is what it looks like today...6 months later. I'm real pleased with the progress so far and in another 6 months I hope everything is well adjusted and growing in.
I know the pics aren't the best quality...but moving left to right here is what my eye sees at the 6 month mark. Hope ya like 'em...cause I sure do!

nm reef

Center under the dang brace! But...it does provide less direct lighting for some corals.

flatzboy

Your tanks looks unbelievable, all your tanks i've seen always have looked great. Also I love your clams.

nm reef

Thanks!
Like I mentioned I am very pleased to this point...hopefully it and my pic takin' will improve as time goes by.

nm reef

Yup...I have a few full tanks shots...but when they are sized down to fit here you can't really see much detail. Plus I don't have any marking the 6 month celebration.

nm reef

Ok...I'm easy...I just stood up and took a full shot. Resized it to fit and here it is. The MH's cast a bit of a shadow "V" shape in the center but nothing too major. I run a pair of 400 watt 10K Ushios along with 2x110 URI super actinics.

nm reef

Well thank ya...I believe I'll save that avatar for future reference!!!Many thanks to you for the birthday wish and the new avatar...

nm reef

Sadly I don't have the technology to ban members. But I sometimes wish I did...along with the ability to seize any corals I desire ...just snatch 'em right out of the pic and keep 'em for myself!

jlm

nm, wow your clams have really got some beautiful new growth. Keep up the awesome work and keep posting those pics.