1 eyed blue chromie

reefmate75

well my little 3" blue hippo just i mean just like 5 minets ago spured one of the eys out of my large breeding chromie, the blue hippo was going to sleep in my large frogspawn and the chromie bullied him out and the blue hippo came back and the chromie struck at him and he poped him in his eye and had it stuck to his spur....i thought the spurs came out when they made contact??
dose anyone know if the chromie will survive?

hufflepuff17

It might survive. In the wild their bodies can adapt to what they have to go through. I think it's just like if part of a fin gets bitten off. I think it will be fine. Try putting it in the fuge tank to see how it heals.

reefmate75

oh i cant get him out, hes swimming fine and ill see if he eats tomorrow hahaha i thought it was kinda funny he was bullying a tang and got his eye popped for it (sounds mean yes but that's nature at its finest) but i dont want her to die eather i have 8 chromies and when the lights go out they all take their hideing places for the night and i always watch them bully my blue hippo around and out of his sleeping spots as when the lights go out he also heads for a crevis

sepulatian

I hope that the chromis makes it. Have you changed your mind about treating the fish for ich? It is your choice, this just reminded me that you have another issue going on.

reefmate75

the pass plates are in as of last night in the 100 gallon im goin gto use for the QT, PBT looks great not acting funny, but the blue hippo has gone down alittle bit, i will fill the tank tomorrow night after the silicone drys and im sure its dry threw and threw as i dont want it leaching anything into the water, almost all of my fish i can get out easily now that i have gotten them used to a plasting 2 liter bottle that i have been feeding them from, they with out a though go right in there to get the food, and ive even pulled the yellow and the sailfin tang out and when i replaced well needless to say they are fish, they went right back in for the food, so they are not afrade of it at all and know when i remove it and put it back there is food in there only ones that will not go in are the royal gramms (2 of them, breeding) yellow watchman goby, neon gobys (2 breeding pair) and eibil angel, only one im worried about getting out that will not go in the bottle is the angel as the the others live in holes in free standing rocks i can just scare them they will run into the safty of there hole in a rock and i lift the rock out hahaha
the tangs are going to be easy as they will go in right away, the maroon clowns will be easy as they will attack anything that comes near there anemone...even the net
, chromies will go in the bottle also i hope to have them in the 100 gollan this week end, i was planing on changeing about 50% of my DT to put in the QT and make some more water up tonight to put in both of the tanks for makeup water...i know doing that large of a water change on my DT can have bad effects on my corals, but i would rather my fish live then the corals any day

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist, My green chromis' right eye was plucked out by another fish as well . The answer to your question is yes your chromis will survive . Mine is still alive and is doing great ,even with one eye .