1 gal update

debbie

Thought I would just post a picture of my 1 gal with the new lights.
1 gal
9" 18 watt coralife 50/50 fixture
1 crab
feather duster
orange florida ric
pink yuma ric
green zoas
brown/orange zoas
pink zoas
green stary polyps
mushrooms
feather duster
I am really enjoying my little tank, I think I spend more time with it than I did with my 10 gal. It is just so easy to take care of and more colorful too.

debbie

Thanks...

I do a 2 cup water change every week. Its alot of fun this little tank and I get so many comments about it from company.
I don't think I will ever go bigger again, the saltwater stuff here is just to expensive. However I really do appreciate seeing some of the reef tanks that are out there. So much time and money goes into all of them.

zeke92

How much did it cost to setup a 1 gallon without the corals? i always wanted corals but i can't afford a big tank atm.

debbie

I had to part with some fish so in return I got to pick out a 1 gal tank that I have been eyeballing for a while. They are dear in price $50.00 but I got it free from the LFS.
The heater was $25.00
The Coralife 9" 18 watt fixture was $35.00
Keep in mind that these prices are Canadian and we pay 2 to 3 times more than we should be paying here.
The tank is a Razzle Dazzle and the light it comes with is cute but does nothing for the corals so that is why I upgraded.

rebelprettyboy

Nice lookin 1 gal tank. Im gonna be settin me up a 5 gallon tank!
I like the color of ur GSP. Mine are finally getin its green back. under my Halides they would burn ur eyes cuz they were so green!

debbie

Hello, no not at this point. The Pink/Green Yuma Ric is double in size. The Orange Florida Ric is also a bit bigger. I am waiting for a place here to get in some Blue Rics and I if they are nice I really want one of them. I think I am going to push things to a 2 or 3 gal max just so I can spread things out more. I don't want to get into the salt thing big time just to keep my few corals I have. I did have to chop my GSP back as they grew like weeds.
So far though I really love the little tank and find it really easy to take care of.
How about yourself, how are things in your tank going??
Thanks for asking.......

nissan577

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2832118
Hello, no not at this point. The Pink/Green Yuma Ric is double in size. The Orange Florida Ric is also a bit bigger. I am waiting for a place here to get in some Blue Rics and I if they are nice I really want one of them. I think I am going to push things to a 2 or 3 gal max just so I can spread things out more. I don't want to get into the salt thing big time just to keep my few corals I have. I did have to chop my GSP back as they grew like weeds.
So far though I really love the little tank and find it really easy to take care of.
How about yourself, how are things in your tank going??
Thanks for asking.......

thanks debbie for asking. so far things are going great. well with my 5g its empty now. i took all the corals out and place them in my 29g. and my 29g is doing great but im looking for a metal halide. but ima set up the 5gal again! so dont worry it will be back to hot it use to. can you take a pic of your amazing little tank?

debbie

The Yuma is just a single, plus I live in Canada and cannot send livestock across the border. Sorry about that, it seems to be a very common color of it though. A baby pink with a green mouth and green in some areas of the pink too.
I did something last night..........

No I did not get rid of the tank but wanted to move stuff to a bit bigger one. It is not easy to find the exact size I am looking for. This little one is a 6x6x6 and I was wanting something like 9x6x9 so it is just a bit bigger. I put everything into my 2 gal hex tank. I think it looks crazy as there is alot of water in the middle to upper area and the corals at the bottom. Everything is open and doing well though. More room on the bottom for expansion that is for sure and if I wanted to add anymore stuff there is room for that too. I think it is just to tall.
I am going to leave stuff in there for the time being and just see what else I can get my hands on for this instead. It gives everything room and that is what I needed mostly.
I will send a pic of stuff in there later on.

ocyoo

YES! Canadians are paying too much for reef supply and animals... I live in Quebec, Montreal, live rock can be up to 13$ a pound! Corals are sometimes 159$!!!

debbie

Yes I have to agree with that, we pay crazy prices but if you can shop around one can sometimes get some good prices. I buy alot of single frags as they are cheaper. When I setup my 10 gal tank that is what I did and things grew like weeds. We now have a local forum that many folks can sell and trade their corals which is nice to spread them around.
Well all, my little tank as above is no longer. I love it but it is very hard to clean plexi glass and there was to much detrus on the bottom as I could not turn up the filter higher or it would blow everything out of there.
I only wanted to go up to a 2 gal max but got a stellar price on a tank a touch bigger than that, it is a 2.8 gal just shy of 3 gal all glass and so I put all the stuff into it yesterday. Things are pouting at the moment but this will give me lots of room now for those gsp to spread out and I can also add a few more frags as well if I wanted. One thing I won't do is load this little tank up with alot of live rock, just enough for the corals.
I will post a pic when things open up more.

rotarymagic

I loved my decoart/red sea aquavase. I'm assuming thats what you have since it looks very similar. I had mine going 18months before someone scratched the plastic on it while looking after my tanks while I was out of town. I ended up transferring everything into my old 20long. I have an itch to set another one up. I gotta get this Tunze tank rolling though first lol.

ocyoo

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2837621
Yes I have to agree with that, we pay crazy prices but if you can shop around one can sometimes get some good prices. I buy alot of single frags as they are cheaper. When I setup my 10 gal tank that is what I did and things grew like weeds. We now have a local forum that many folks can sell and trade their corals which is nice to spread them around.
Well all, my little tank as above is no longer. I love it but it is very hard to clean plexi glass and there was to much detrus on the bottom as I could not turn up the filter higher or it would blow everything out of there.
I only wanted to go up to a 2 gal max but got a stellar price on a tank a touch bigger than that, it is a 2.8 gal just shy of 3 gal all glass and so I put all the stuff into it yesterday. Things are pouting at the moment but this will give me lots of room now for those gsp to spread out and I can also add a few more frags as well if I wanted. One thing I won't do is load this little tank up with alot of live rock, just enough for the corals.
I will post a pic when things open up more.

Whats that web site your taling about?