10 Gal tank

pete

Hi guys,
I have had a ten gallon tank for about a year now. I havve a sebae clown and a purple and yellow and purple pseudo. Both get along well. i was thinking of adding a flame angel to the tank and wanted some opinions. I currently have a biowheel filter and a skilter as well as 7 lbs of live rock.

fishgirl

Woa! Flames need at least a 30 gallon. I've done the small tank thing before (a clown and a small damsel in a 10gal FO) and I had enough problems maintaining two fish in such a small space ie aggression, nitrates etc. I would not reccomend it.

i3luedragon

Yeah, just forget it. It may work out for awhile, but things happen at night that we can't monitor. Angels have tendencies to be fine then all of a sudden stop doing anything and die. Probably because of stress. I'd wait to get a bigger tank. :eek:

twoods71

Adding that fish will pack your 10 gallon full.
They grow to about a max of 4" so in my opinion if you really want to you could do it if you maintain your water conditions.
I'm not suggesting you do it just stating that it can be done if you are good at keeping your water in tip top conditions.
Good Luck to you.

guppie

That 10 gal is already full, I would not add any more fish. You would be asking for problems. Good Luck

pete

i have tried an anemone, i have 2 15 watt flourescent bulbs above me tank one actinic day and an actinic blue. I could not manage to keep it alive. I would really like to add some type of invert, any suggestions?