10 gallon help..

fishytim

Right now I have a 10 gallon hospital tank with 2 pec clowns, 3 lbs of LR and 2 inches of CC/LS. I am currently curing some rock and will eventually have about 10-15 lbs in there.
I have been able to keep the water very stable for awhile now so I want to go ahead and get a anemone.
I wanted suggestions on the type of lighting I should get. Do you think a 24" - 65 watt PC would do the trick?
I would also like to do some corals eventually too. :help:

G

grindzgreg

Im a reef keeper
Well, silly, 10g isnt adequate enough to support the life on Anemone. You will need atlease 30gallons of wawa, and if u try to get anemone in that small of a tank the Anemone will gobble up the clowns.
Stay cute:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

R

redhot13

I have a 10 gal AGA with the current usa orbit 80 watt pc fixture. I love this light and I have been keeping a bubble tip anenome for a few months now with this light. I highly recommend this fixture because of the seperate switches for actinic, daylight and moonlights...

viper_930

Not exactly the best idea to put an anemone in a 10 gallon tank. Smaller tanks do not have as stable water parameters as larger tanks, and anemones need verryyyy stable params. How long has the tank been setup?
Do not post the link here, it is not allowed. Get it through email or something.
And BTW, the anemone will not eat your clowns in a 10 gallon.

R

redhot13

thanks! I dont have a good pick because it has moved behind my toadstool leather :rolleyes: When I can get a good one i will post it!

clown_nut

GREAT tank yes indeed...an example for me to follow as i set-up my 10 gallon lol. By the way what hang-on filter is that? and also whats the flow rate on your power-head and whats that little white box in the upper right hand corner?

duke jjz

Originally posted by clown_nut
GREAT tank yes indeed...an example for me to follow as i set-up my 10 gallon lol. By the way what hang-on filter is that? and also whats the flow rate on your power-head and whats that little white box in the upper right hand corner?

I also have the Current USA. Great light. The only thing I do not like about it is that it is louder (the fan that is) than others of the same size.

R

redhot13

yeah, the fan is quite loud, but its a small price to pay for excellent light! I love it and recomend it to anyone with a 10 gal...

R

redhot13

Thanks! I am going to try to get some updated pics up soon with the anenome...

chris17

redhot13 what are some specs on your tank?
lbs of sand/lr
what kind of corals
water flow
. . . ect.
I would appreciate it alot!!