10 Gallon Nano Thread

coachresue

I decided to start a new thread. I asked a lot of n00b questions in the last one and didn't get much replies. So here I go...
Standard ten gallon tank
2 AC 50's (Chaeto in one, Purigen and Chemi in the other)
50 watt Visi-Therm
Coralife 48 watt T5HO's
Hydor Koralia Nano
2.5" argonite sand bed
10lbs live rock
Live stock
1 False Percula Clown
1 Turbo Snail
2 Margarita's
2 Cerith's
3 Nassarius'
1 Astraea
2 Mini Blue-legged Hermits
Corals
Soon I hope...
Tank Progress...

Originally Posted by CoachResue
http:///forum/post/3240619
I decided to start a new thread. I asked a lot of n00b questions in the last one and didn't get much replies. So here I go...
So did you have a question? Your statement has led me to believe you did.

coachresue

haha, no most of my questions were answered and I did a lot of research on my own to find out the rest. I just wanted to start a diary and didn't want the thread filled up with my ignorance, lol.

coachresue

So I want to get another fish in there... Was thinking of another clown but it might be a little much? Any suggestions?
Any suggestions on a first coral?
Thanks?

nikesb

i'm not sure if the coralife 2 fixture t5-ho's have contoured reflectors so that each light is reflected individually, so i would keep away from sps. for some first corals, how about some zoanthids? or if you want a full proof coral, get some green star polyps but put them on their own seperate rock and control their damn growth

coachresue

I like the gsp idea. Will def put it on its own little island. I also like pulsing Xenia. I have LFS store in walking distance but there so damn expensive and never have good looking zoas...

Love the rockwork

You're so lucky their in walking distance though! Do they do specialty orders? You could always ask them to order in a certain coral for you and pick it up if you don't like what they have. Cant wait to see this tank evolve

coachresue

I can open up my window on the second floor and hit it with a paper airplane. They were closed today I'm gonna go in tomorrow and see what they have.
Ill try to get some better pics too. I have a nice camera but I can get it to load pictures on my computer. No idea why it just always freezes when I try. Stupid Vista.

ibanez

Glad to see things are coming along good. I suggest some riccordea, mushrooms and zoanthids too, and when you go sps, start with monti, keep them low to start and acclimate them to the light slowly, You should be fine for monti, but it is good to start with zoas and mushrooms till you get the hang of things. I like the rockscape. I think a purple fire fish or regular fire fish would look great in there when your ready to add another. What kind of camera do you have?

ibanez

Do you take the card out and put it in the computer or use a cable to attach the camera to your computer.