10 gallon starter tank????

paisley_tele

i have a 10 gallon tank and wanting to do a small saltwater deal. i have 2 different filters 2 aqua clear 110 and a emperor 400 with bio wheels. also have a in tank sponge filter. i dont know what i should use thou. i am wanting 2 clown fish , cleaner shrimp and a anemone. i already have a aqua clear 70 300 watt heater , marineland penguin 1140 powerhead 300 gph. any suggestions.

pete159

you can't keep an Anemone in a 10g tank.
I would make it into a planted freshwater dwarf puffer tank.
If you want to go with saltwater save up and get a 55g

srfisher17

You have adequate filters (the bio-wheel will work well). and PHs to set up a basic SW tank. Do a lot of research first, plan on only a couple of small and hardy fish and LR. I wouldn't do corals yet and an anemone is very difficult, definitely not for beginners. Take your time, ask questions, and you will be fine. You should be able to keep a pair of Ocellaris Clowns. Buy aqua cultured juvis, they are very hardy....but PLEASE do your research first. I somewhat agree with Pete above, what you can do is very limited, but it can get you into the hobby.

fretfreak13

If you're interested in the symbiotic relatioship thing like the clowns have with the anenome, look into goby and pistol shrimp pairs. You could definetly keep one in a 10 gallon.

paisley_tele

ok can i do 1 clown and a bright yellow fish of some kind , with a cleaner shrimp and crabs. or is that to much.
i plan on getting some instant ocean and some live sand.
does it matter on color?
also how much live rock will i need about 13 pounds?