10 gallon

noobie101

hello,
i have a 10gallon fresh water and watched my brother get a 30gallon saltwater :) iit seemed like alot of fun so i have been toying with the idea of going saltwater
i was woundering if u guys have any suggestions

salty cheese

Welcome

My advise RESEARCH, RESEARCH and RESEARCH, buy a book called Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner
Take your time and ask lots of questions.

skrimpz

im new to salt to but i would invest in a bigger tank an 10 gallon would be hard to keep levels right smaller tanks with fresh and salt water , the smaller the tank the harder

snipe

it is better to go bigger a 55 to 75 is reccomended for a newbie. But alot of ppl start with a small tank due to lack of space in there house I know the filling I just barely sqeezed out enough spaced for my 55 in my front room lol. But if you go 10 you can make it work I have even seen 1 gallon tanks!!!!!:eek:

zoidberg

I agree with Salty Cheese, the Conscientious Marine Aquarist is one of the best books I own. Also, try to talk to as many people as you can about the hobby. I feel that knowledge and patience are really the key. Good luck, and keep posting your progress, people will be interested in how you are doing, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The people here can be really helpful.
Good luck