12/21/2012

salty blues

Given all the current events(economic chaos, terrorism, energy woes, climate change controversy, etc), it is indeed very interesting if not chilling that our next US president will reign for the next four years leading up to Dec. 21, 2012, the date which has been named as the end of time as we know it.
This date is not mentioned in the Bible, so I don't necessarily believe that it will be the end of the world, but it does make one ponder what might be in store given that the extremely accurate Mayan calender stops at 12/21/2012.
There are other sources that predict this date as the day that something will happen, but exactly what only time will tell.

maryg

I believe the Mayan calendar ended years ago. Lol...
Maybe they just didn't get a chance to finish it.

A

alexmir

I dont see why people worry about the mayan calender??? IF they were really that brilliant and godlike to be able to know the end of the world, why arent they still around???
haha

clownfish11

time really isn't real...If you think about it we made it up, and theres not way to predict when the world going to end...
its 12/12/2012 i think, but that doesnt matter...I had a deep discussion on this topic in teh SHT with some friends before we went to bed(Camping), and we came to the conclusion the world won't end, and we arn't going to talk about it anymore!

groupergenius

This world, Earth, will not end until our Sun goes super nova and rips our planet to shreds. But I believe that is Wayyyyyyy off.
Our (human) time is a different story however. Just as the big lizards before us, our time is limited. Is it going to happen on 12/21/2012? I seriously doubt it. But, you never know.
Just be a good person and live it to the fullest.

salty blues

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2796764
I dont see why people worry about the mayan calender??? IF they were really that brilliant and godlike to be able to know the end of the world, why arent they still around???
haha
They were ultimately conquered by the Spanish, which oddly enough the Mayan calender also predicted, however the Mayan peoples' descendents are alive and well in Central America.

el guapo

Man don't even get me started about time and space . Because you have NO CLUE what kind of crazy truth I will teach you .

ruaround

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2796834
This world, Earth, will not end until our Sun goes super nova and rips our planet to shreds. But I believe that is Wayyyyyyy off.
Our (human) time is a different story however. Just as the big lizards before us, our time is limited. Is it going to happen on 12/21/2012? I seriously doubt it. But, you never know.
Cmon GrouperDamus!!! you can tell us when its really gonna end!!!

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2797353
Man don't even get me started about time and space . Because you have NO CLUE what kind of crazy truth I will teach you .
I'd love to hear it, O Beautiful One.
As for my contribution to this thread, I don't believe in any time set by us to be the end of the world. If you believe there will be an apocalypse, and have done your homework, you would know that the apocalypse described in the bible CLEARLY states that NO ONE knows when it will happen except for God himself.
The Mayans are not the one's calling the shots for God, dude.

yearofthenick

however, I would like to add that I think the end is definitely near. Way too many things are happening that were described in biblical times. I'm assuming it will happen within the next 10-20 years. Just my guess...

el guapo

12/21/2012 is when the alien beings will open the inter-dimensional portal between our worlds .At this point our world as we know it will no longer exist as it will be drawn across time and space and meld with this parallel universe .
Right now only a small percentage of humans can cross this boundary and only for short periods of time . Our physical entity is stuck her while our intellectual energy crosses over .
This is what some experience as out of body, Ghost, Deja vu ,Alien encounters .

yearofthenick

http:///forum/post/2797367
12/21/2012 is when the alien beings will open the inter-dimensional portal between our worlds .At this point our world as we know it will no longer exist as it will be drawn across time and space and meld with this parallel universe .
Right now only a small percentage of humans can cross this boundary and only for short periods of time . Our physical entity is stuck her while our intellectual energy crosses over .
This is what some experience as out of body, Ghost, Deja vu ,Alien encounters .
Hey bro, crack kills.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2796834
Of the few classes I attend for Astronomy, one of the things I believe I'm remembering correctly, is that our Sun is sort of the Hyundai model as far as stars go? Sort of flashy, but is cheap and has no real subsistence?
The good news is that if the Sun did burn out, it would be approx. 5 minutes before we knew it
(How long it takes a light ray to go from the sun to earth)

sepulatian

Originally Posted by salty blues
http:///forum/post/2796845
They were ultimately conquered by the Spanish, which oddly enough the Mayan calender also predicted, however the Mayan peoples' descendents are alive and well in Central America.
That was the Aztecs. The Mayan Empire thrived for over six centuries, that we have record of anyway. Yes, they still are in central America.
I do believe that the time left on this planet is limited but none of us will ever see the end of it in our lifetime.

el guapo

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2797370
Hey bro, crack kills.

Its true man . God as we know was just a pioneer of this other dimension . He was the first of their kind to cross over . There have been others of their kind to cross .
These beings are extremely powerful . God like to us and our primitive thought patterns . They communicate via telepathy . They have harnesed the power of the atom far beyond our "Bomb". The can actually shift physical matter and change it at an atomical level. Thus they can move mountains and seas.

ruaround

http:///forum/post/2797378
Its true man . God as we know was just a pioneer of this other dimension . He was the first of their kind to cross over . There have been others of their kind to cross .
These beings are extremely powerful . God like to us and our primitive thought patterns . They communicate via telepathy . They have harnesed the power of the atom far beyond our "Bomb". The can actually shift physical matter and change it at an atomical level. Thus they can move mountains and seas.
wasnt that an episode of the simpsons???

aquaknight

As far as 12/21/12, I don't believe human exsitence will 'just end.' Just like the big lizards before us, it will be a very slow and painfully demise, as the very last humans struggle to find each other.
But as far as wacko theories, who said the Mayans are actually gone, as in dead, and just gone as in simply not here. They were the only race that was able to conquer time travel. Some of their forgotten baggage, like their calendar, we weren't suppose to find. Or the Mayans could simply be one of many races that has learned how to "escape." Like the Egyptians. Then at 12/21/2012, everything resets back to 0 AD. This would explain how other 'forgotten luggage' like the Pyramid drawings with Fighter Planes and Helicopters. Those races that have 'escaped' can 'tune-in' and see if any other races make it out. Then that would have the whole idea of a higher power, like Guapo is talking about. This is simply a game to something/someone, to see who takes first, second, last, etc.