120 Build thread

nigerbang

Tank sitting in the final spot after moving it around 10 times to find out where I wanted it

Just got done painting the back

Me taking a break

Finishing plumbing

Quick sump set up

YAY finally water and rock and running.

Its been about 12 hours since I got the tank and had it setup and running in a matter of 4 hours..
More pics to come later

nigerbang

Its a mag 12
I forgot to mention..the water,sand and rock all came out of my 180. I have a local reefer babysitting all my coral.. Juat felt like downsizing, same dimensions just 2' shorter which makes it fit in my living room alot easier, at the rate its clearing I should be able to aquascape it tomorrow, bought an engineer goby yesterday and have them holding it at the store until I know its safe..I plan on jamming a ton of small fish in it eventually. couple purple firefish, school of chromis, the engineer, per of occ. clowns and a goby or 2

nigerbang

Will do.. Left the lights on for about 15 hours yesterday doing a test to see if I need to run my chiller, I'm hoping not but considering the 250s are about 4" off the water I might have to.. after the lights were left on that long the temp was around 82.2 so I killed the lights to see how much the temp will swing then I will leave them on again tonight to see how high it gets.
Wife wants to help with the aquascaping, so I will post some pics of the aquascaping later, tank is already completly cleared....Fastest sand storm ever.. only about 8 or so hours

nigerbang

I just check all my water levels...Dam full cycle...used original out of the other tank water,rock,and sand...hopefullly it will be a short one
pH - 8.3
Ammonia - 1.0
Nirtite - .25
Nitrate - 0
Phos - 0.03
I hate new tanks in a way lol

clownfish11

Yellow Tang
pair of black and white clowns
6 chromis
trio of carpenter wrasses
trio of bangaiis
then whatever else you want

nigerbang

WÉll after buying a new test kit after getting 3 different ammonia readings here's the cycle info
All water,rock,sand used from my 180
pH:8.3
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:40
Woot woot 4 day cycle

nigerbang

Added the first inhabitants today, got a watchmen goby and his pistol shrimp.. $35 seemed like a good price for the pair..

johnnyd

nice tank bro, is that a AGA 120? if so where did you get it, i looked on petcos site but the AGA 120g doesnt come with a prebuilt overflow.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by johnnyd
http:///forum/post/2829330
nice tank bro, is that a AGA 120? if so where did you get it, i looked on petcos site but the AGA 120g doesnt come with a prebuilt overflow.
I got it from a lfs here, pistol shrimp didn't make it though the night :( watchman is doing good though.. It came with the overflows.. Its the $700 version

nigerbang

Originally Posted by jetskiking
http:///forum/post/2838840
How about an update?
Aight lol.. Everything is coming along right nicely, got all the coral back into the tank.. Added a pair of clowns, one didn't make it, as me and jetskiking were talking about earlier.. Think they are chemically captured.. No crab in the tank to clean up the mess but the snails made quick work of it.. I'll try to get some new pics posted tommorow

J

jetskiking

Ha and you got the plesure of my first post here. I am seriuosly starting to think the wholesaler for the LFS is cyanide collecting. My clown from there didn't make it either, along with some other fish. I need to get your canopy door finished I will work on it Sunday