125 All Glass with twin overflows?

bruins14

I was thinking of getting this tank. Does anybody have any opnions on it. Would a regular 125 with a hang on overflow be better. Any opinions would vbe appreciated before i buy. :cool:

taku

Having twin overflows will just make everything soooo much easier and more 'clean' looking.
I have a 120gallon with no overflows built in... just a hang on. I sometimes wish I would have given up the additional tank space and just had overflows built-in.
Personal preference comes into play as well... but it really will make for a more professional look in your 125 IMHO.
-Mariam

safaripilot

I bought a 125 with a center mounted overflow. Since rock is generally placed in this area anyway it is completely hidden and makes for a much nicer tank. Built in overflows are the way to go. You can put the tank closer to the wall as well.

nm reef

For what its worth when I up-grade to a larger system I plan on dual built in over flows. Personally on a reef system of 100+ gals I think its the way to go.

kdlbem

My 75 gal. All- Glass has a built in corner overflow, and I wouldn't buy another tank without one. way better than a hang-on, IMO.
B

Definitely go with the internal overflows. Much cleaner set up and you drastically reduce the chances of developing leaks.
Also...Make sure that you fill up your tank with regular water and test for leaks before adding your saltwater mixture. My lfs had a couple of bigger tanks, both All-Glass and Oceanic, develop small leaks that had to be simply fixed with silicon. Shame to waste all that salt and mixing time to be forced to drain it all.