125 gal. in mobile home

aceroc

Shouldn't be a problem i live in a mobile home and had several tanks in one room, a friend of mine has a 120,75, and 3 20gals in his living room of his mobile home. Try and get the tank to run across the floor supports and not with them although i have done it both ways without a problem. I have a 90gal with 100lbs of sand 90lbs of LR, a 20gal fuge with 30lbs of LS next to it and a 20gal sump underneath and mine is running with the supports with no problems.

merredeth

Originally Posted by arkansascowboy
I was wondering if anyone has tried this?
I don't have a mobile home and never have, but if a floor cannot hold the aquarium then the house should be condemned - mobile home or not.
If it is a new one, you denfinitely should be okay. If it is an old one, make sure the floor is in good shape with no water damage before you set yourself up for problems.
Denise M.

treybom

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I would not drive it with the tanks in there either.

lol yeah.... :thinking:

djevack

I have a mobile home, Its a 05 model so its floors should be stronger then older models. I have 150g with a 20g protein skimmer/ UV sump, 29g fuge on a double stand next to the tank and a 30g Rubbermaid tub under the tank for the return. All in all 1800lbs. What I did is place the tank 1' from the outside wall. Parallel with the trailer so I went across the wood beams. Also it crosses 2 large outriggers from the main beam in the middle to the sides. Then I installed concrete block pillars under each wood beam in between the two outrigger, the wood beams are abut 16" apart so I only needed a total of 3. This way each wood beam was either supported by the metal outriggers or the pillar. All of this came from advice and consultation from the manufacture. The working load per sq foot was 440lbs, he didn’t want to tell me the breaking load weight, but from my experience and knowledge working load is half if not more then half of the breaking load = 880lbs. My tank weighs no more 2000lbs with me around working on it, and the tank is 1.5x6 then another 1.5x2 for the sumps. so even without the extra support I could be ok. So I would recommend for you, if your worried place the tank over 2 outriggers and if you want support one of the woods beams in the middle or one side(if you can only place the tank over one outrigger).

merredeth

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I would not drive it with the tanks in there either.

He said MOBILE home, not MOTOR home.
I have a Class A motor home, we use regularly and I can guarantee you, no one is going to put a fish tank that big in it. The chassis cannot support it if you are pulling a vehicle not to mention the fact you'll be dealing with a a toppled over tank within about two tenths of a mile - especially on Iowa roads.

Denise M.

michelle l

I have a 125 in a 1996 mobile home....no problems and it's perfectly level with no tweaking. I was worried too, so I asked the park management before I moved mine in, and he said he knows several people who have had large tanks with no issues.