125 Predator Build

A

arlene1995

Update!
My Fimbriated Eel and my Porcupine Puffer went in today after I tested the water to find Ammonia and Nitrite dropping.
That is the last of the fish for a while. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I also added some rock from my 55 gallon tank. I tried to scrape the overflow boxes AGAIN today and failed due to the thickness and the curved feature.... I'll have to work on it bit by bit as I get the chance and time to do it. Updates to follow!

hefner413

Gotta get some pics!
Amm and NH3 - what are they down to?
And I would use a scrub brush of some sort maybe on those overflows?? The problem you're going to run into is that the scratches from the scraper or a brush will leave an area for stuff to just grow into again. I would just leave it alone... eventually it will be covered with new coralline anyway. You have any cleanup crew in there yet?

A

arlene1995

Pics are a comin'!
Amm. 0.5ppm
NH3 0.5ppm
I have tried my scrub brush and it doesn't seem to affect it. I agree, it will just end up covered again anyways.
I don't have a clean-up crew in there yet. I don't know what to put in because of my Porcupine Puffer.... any thoughts? Thanks!

hefner413

Originally Posted by Arlene1995
http:///forum/post/2687882
I don't have a clean-up crew in there yet. I don't know what to put in because of my Porcupine Puffer.... any thoughts? Thanks!
eh.. well.. kinda stuck there. You could try a few snails to see if the PP puffer will get them. Mind get lucky or might just give him a snack.

b_clark711

Hefner413;2687528 said:
Gotta get some pics!
Amm and NH3 - what are they down to?
And I would use a scrub brush of some sort maybe on those overflows?? The problem you're going to run into is that the scratches from the scraper or a brush will leave an area for stuff to just grow into again. I would just leave it alone... eventually it will be covered with new coralline anyway. You have any cleanup crew in there yet?[/QUOT
Isn't NH3 ammonia? BTW, I like the tank, Nice Blue!

hefner413

whoops, yeah I meant NO3 (nitrate). Like you said - NH3 = ammonia. and to complete the lesson - NO2 is nitrite

A

arlene1995

Originally Posted by B_Clark711
http:///forum/post/2688057
BTW, I like the tank, Nice Blue!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Hefner413

http:///forum/post/2688296
whoops, yeah I meant NO3 (nitrate). Like you said - NH3 = ammonia. and to complete the lesson - NO2 is nitrite
Oh... ok. I'll post a parameter update when I put the pictures out in a minute or two...

A

arlene1995

All right... update!
Params as of right now:
NH3 - 0.25ppm
NO2 - 0.5ppm
NO3 - 20ppm
So far, everything looks good!
Puff and the Emporer Snapper (Yes, that IS my camera in the reflection LOL
)

FTS

The eel was hiding under the heap of rocks on the right, so no picture of him...

A

arlene1995

Some sort of base rock. It has been passed on through two or three of my aquariums...

A

arlene1995

Last night, after I had turned out the lights, I found the eel swimming all over the tank so, of course, I grabbed the camera and took some pictures! Here are a few. Enjoy!
Everyone in their new home!

The eel

The eel is fully out!