125 reef diary.Upgrading from a 55

lordlocks

I just got my tank today from lfs its a 125 gallon pre drilled allglass, it came with stand, sump,return pump and protein skimmer *&^$ of a deal. I currently have a 55 gallon reef tank with a cpr overflow to a home made sump and it is a pain in the butt to even do a water change. So Im upgrading to this 125. Its going to be a room divider between our living room and kitchen. Here are some pics of the start.

lordlocks

I wired in the plug ins today and plumbed everything. Now I am waiting for my ro/di unit to get here, it should be in next week some time then i can fill it up.

str8salt

Looks good. Hows gigas the clam doing? He should have plenty of room in there. We'll have to see if you guys want to be a stop on the pilgrimage. I think everyone was talking about trying to make a run at it in about a week. Let me know if you are interested. How is that protein skimmer working? Later,

lordlocks

I decided to buy the ro water from the lfs instead of waiting for my ro/di unit to get here so here are some pics of the sand storm and some pics of it after the sand storm.

lordlocks

Originally Posted by str8salt
http:///forum/post/2509061
Looks good. Hows gigas the clam doing? He should have plenty of room in there. We'll have to see if you guys want to be a stop on the pilgrimage. I think everyone was talking about trying to make a run at it in about a week. Let me know if you are interested. How is that protein skimmer working? Later,
The protein skimmer works great but the pump on the skimmer is $*&@ I have to spin the inpeler by hand to get it started.

lordlocks

Everything from the 55 is now in the 125 and it is all doing good, my clams and my anenome are doing better than they ever have. Here are some pics i will post more as i add more rock and such.

lordlocks

I bought it from the lfs. The setup cost me $1,500 for the tank, the sump, the skimmer, the sump light, the return pump, and the stand. I hope it was a good deal I thought it was.

a6t9p

yeah sounds like a good deal if it is new stuff which it looks like
and you tank looks nice and that clam is huge