150G full reef setup Free Stand VA/DC/MD

tree

I am leaving the hobby and need to sell all of my aquarium stuff. Squidd helped me figure out everything I need. I would like to sell it all together but I will break out livestock, rock, and corals if someone only wants the tank and stand.
Here is what I have:
Tank & Equipment

[hr]
* 150 gallon glass aquarium (from glass cages), 2 overflows and 4 holes for a closed loop system.
* 75 gallon glass aquarium refugium/sump
* Homemade stand - maple with mostly a natural color finish but it was whitewashed first and the trim is oak with a mahagony finish. Copper accents on side door, handle.
* EuroReef CS180 Protein Skimmer
* Tunze Auto Topoff and 30 gallon topoff container and pump
* Neptune AquaController III Pro with software and cable.
* Arctica Chiller (I don't remember the size but I can look it up if you're interested)
* Oceans Motions 8 way version 3 for the closed loop
* Sequence Dart Pump for the closed loop
* 4 revolutions heads for the closed loop
* Mag 18 (for the return pump from the sump)
* Korallin Calcium Reactor
* Light - 3 MH 250 watt de hqi 20k, 2 PC lights 96watt actinic (bulbs should be replaced soon) The unit is from Hamilton Technology
* 3 LED moon lights
* RO/DI unit - Neptune by Air Water Ice with float valve and TDS meter.
Livestock

[hr]
* Lots of natural and homemade live rock. I really don't remember the number of pounds.
* 3 yellow tangs
* 1 blue hippo tang
* 1 orchid Dottyback
* 1 Six Line Wrasse
* 1 large brittle star
* 2 clownfish - mated and they've just spawned again
* 5 small Pink bubble tip anemones My large one split twice
* 4 Green Chromis
* 1 Lawn Mower Blenny
* 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
* 3 Turbo Snails
* various other snails, crabs, etc.
* Yellow Star Coral
* Green Star Coral
* Frogspawn - 4 heads
* Colt Coral
* Ricordia its orange and pink
* Purple Mushrooms
* 3 different types of Green Mushrooms
* Some very plain looking zoos
* Green Brain Coral Open
* A red coral whose name escapes me at the moment
Pictures will follow. As you can see I have a lot invested and will only consider serious offers. I am looking for $4500 or best reasonable offer for everything and you pick up from the Northern Virgina area.
Some pictures posted of the setup design and some closed loop pictures. more pics will follow

tree

I'll consider it if I can sell the tank. Until then I need both to keep it up & running :) I'll keep you in mind if I get any reasonable offers on the tank

tree

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Why leave the hobby with such a beautiful tank?
Thanks for the kudos on the tank. It is a great setup. Life is just getting way to busy with all my hobbies to keep up. That and we're starting the process of building a house and I need to simplify to be able to focus on that. I may start back again in a few years in the new house but I'll do an in wall then with a bit of a smaller tank.

tree

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
That's a beautiful tank... You must be sad to see it go.
Thanks, I'll miss it. It was great fun setting it up and I can't say enough good things about Squidd for helping me figure out what I needed in the DIY forum. I've really enjoyed watching the tank mature and the DIY liverock get covered in coralline.

nu2salt

if you part out i may be interested in a few things if you can ship? Depending on price since it's close to christmas.
Neptune AquaController III Pro with software and cable
Mag 18

bertsch

If who ever buys the tank is not interested in the stand, I would be interested in that. What might you be asking for the stand?

tree

Yep it's on wheels. Each wheel is rated for 1000 pounds and it has 6. When I do a water change once I take out the water I'm going to remove for the change I can move it and check all the equipment and fittings in the back. Works great. Too heavy to move before removing some water plus you would splash water out if you moved it when full. It would be easy to create a skirt for the bottom to hide the wheels if you wanted. I just never got the round to it for that part