150w MH bulbs...

jtrzerocool

Hey Guys...i will be buying new bulbs soon and i need to know which is best to buy...i am currently looking at XM 15k 150w...i have a current sunpod 2x150w HQI MH...so i need a DE HQI bulb...Thanks for all the help in advance...

indyws6

Greetings

I just replaced the HQI 10K bulbs that came with my Current USA Outer Orbit fixture (they were nearly a year old...) with Current-branded 14K bulbs (I think they are actually XM's?). I really like the look of the tank. It is noticeably "bluer" than with 10K bulbs, but that's to be expected with 300W of 14K MH and 260W of 420nm/460nm Actinic.
I read a lot before switching and many posts mentioned slower growth with the 14K (vs. 10K), but my tank is mostly softies right now (switching to SPS, long process...) and they have responded quite well to the change. My Ricordea's were noticeably larger and had better color within days of the switch, so they seem to like the 14K's
Hope this helps...

spiderwoman

I run 2x150W XM 15k in my 48inch fixture and I really like the color. I don't even run the actinics at the same time :)
The little experience that I've had so far with MH lights, I trust XM's. I have those for our 150 tank that will some day be up and running (2x400W XM 15k)