15G Setup, What would you do???

dpdiver

Hello all,
I got my hands on a 15g tall 24x12x16 AGA tank, I currently have 2.5" LS DSB and 10#LR (Will add more on payday! LOL) I have a SKILTER on the back providing filtration and also works as a protein skimmer, 1 Rio 600 powerhead, and I have a single JBJ 65W Acentric dual spectrum bulb. With this setup what would you all do with this? I got it as a freebe and all I added was the LS and LR. I figured I couldn't leave a tank empty!
Milt

plum70rt

Ok , then make another mini reef, some softies and shrooms, I like a little tank, easy to work on:)

dpdiver

Ok, Sounds good. I went and seen your tank at the show last week. I liked what you did with it. I hope to be able to do mine justice as you did. :D
Thanks for the advice
Milt

grouperhead

I'd try to center the tank around one fish, possibly two. A watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair would be awesome, IMO. Maybe a pair of clown gobies? I agree, softies and polyps would do perfectly fine in there. Keep us up to date with your progress. Bo

plum70rt

Thanks Milt, my tank that little 7 gallon, has 72 watts PC lighting
2, 27 watt 6700k , and 2, 9 watt Actinics:)

dpdiver

Thanks Plum and grouperhead, I doublechecked the measurements. 20x10x18 Amaizing what a couple of inches will cary huh! LOL I don't want to upgrade my lighting anytime soon do you think it will be sufficent? I only want hearty softys and possibly a goby or 2 as my livestock. I can't wait to see what I can do with this little tank. It is bigger than Plum's 7 but I'm still learning this hobby and I'm loving every minuit I can spend with my tanks! LOL
Thanks Again
Milt

grouperhead

Sounds good, Milt. You shouldn't have problems with shrooms and some other softies. Have you looked into clown gobies any? I'm also a huge fan of watchman gobies and pistol shrimp. bo

dpdiver

I do love the clown gobies. When I was in Japan and I was diving I used to watch the Watchmen gobies and Buldozer shrimp work togeather. I also used to take tons of pictures of Lawnmower Blennies. Amaizing creatures. One of my favorites to photograph besides Manta Rays!
Bo,
What is the best way to catch damsels without removing all your LR? I have Hitch Hikers popping up and I don't want to harm them by moving my rock out to catch the 3 stooges! LOL

stupid_naso

IMO the best way to catch any fish is at night when they're asleep. Try to find where they sleep. If they swim around then great, just get them. But if they sleep in a LR, then dig in.
When fish are asleep they are less aware of their surroundings. Although their eyes appeared to open, they're actually closed. It's really easy to catch fish this way.
I hope it works for you...
stupid_naso