15g Transfer to 28g JBJ!!! :)!

FINALLY!, after a broken JBJ :(! I received my new one today and me and my buddy hooked it all up. We didn't add the skimmer just yet, going to wait about a week. The filter came with theese white balls, my LFS says not to put them in does anyone know what they are?, everything looks real good...I am going to hook up my camera and what not asap to show everyone. Now I put my MH schedule for 7 hours on, is that right? anyone who has the jbj just let me know thanks :)

howardj

white balls = probably bio-balls?
They trap nitrates.. I agree to not put them into your tank

I have a lot of air bubbles all over the tank and on my cabbage but my buddy said I will have them for a little while since we just put all the water and its still clearing up, It's clear...but not completely, I wish I could post pics tonight sorry! but I will tomorrow if I can, besides that everything looks really nice...SG is at 1.025 but that may change so I'm keeping my eye on it. My pepp. shrimps fine so is my one clown, havn't seen my shrimpgoby yet, but with all the rock It will be hard to find him if he survived the change.

I just seen my yellow watchman! :) so that makes me happy, how long does it usually take for the air bubbles to fade? I don't expect it to be perfectly clear tonight, considering I'll be going to sleep soon, but yes I'll try my best to get theese pics up...I wan't everyones feedback.

Okay thanks :), now I just wan't to make sure im right on this one...I have my metal halides running from 4pm to 12 midnight, is that good? and of course the blue ones are on all day, I was told its bad to keep the MH on for more then 7-8 hours a day.

rebelprettyboy

So the blues ones are you talking about Actintc ors MoonlightS? If acintc they should be left on all day.. an hour or 2 before the halides come on and an hour or two after the halides go off... Bubt if talking about moonlights u can leave them on all day...
And 4-12 is okay lighting lol.. Kinda late in the day, but if thats when u get to enjoy the tank for your viewing pleasure then its good!

Yeah, I work until 6...and during the week I usually pass out around 12 or 1. Yes they are moonlights :) I am going to buy a smaller B/W False Perc today...I have a regular false perc female, I want them to mate :p

I'll try to post some pics tonight, I only have one clown...until tonight :) hope they pair up quickly...I want to buy the new one today because I don't want to wait to long...then my clown may be a little territorial.

lando101

Thats how mine were for like 3 days, and this morning after turning the lights on and watching for an hour, no fighting, and my small clown kept going up and down infront og the female, it was and is cool!!

Just got home from work, my SG is at 1.025, nitrates are at 15 PPM. is this normal? still a lot of bubbles, filter and wavemakers are working good, I put it on 25 seconds. Also when should I add my skimmer and when should I do a water change? I'm going to be doing 4.4gallons weekly, I was thinking every tuesday, since I hooked up the tank yesterday and it will be one week...any advice please? :) also I have to fiddle with my camera and figure out how to post pictures. All I can do is email cellphone pics but im not sure how to get them onto SWF.