16g bowfront mixed reef!

appaloosa1

The tank has been set up for about 7 months now. Right now it has a pair of clowns (waiting to go to their new home) and a pair of scooter blennies that are eating frozen food.
Corals range from Acropora to favia to zoanthids and everything in between. There's far too much to list! If you have any questions, just ask!
It is lighted with 2 40watt T-5 fixtures for a total of 80watts.
So here are the pictures!

coraljunky

If I leave a nice comment about your tank, does that mean you'll sell me a frag of that red w/blue polyp monti??

appaloosa1

its just a plain orange monti! i guess the photo just makes it look like that. it was a freebie that has grown very well.

coraljunky

Either way they're still nice pics. Are the polyps blue on the orange cap? Or are they white with a blue reflection from your lighting?

H

heart & sole

tank looks great what is that at the top of the tank GSP? nice monti

kaingers

Great looking bow front! Where are the clowns going to be moved to? Have you had good growth from your zoos with the lighting you have? want to frag that huge red mushroom!?! sorry for all the Q's, keep up the great work

appaloosa1

thanks! My friend is buying my clowns for his tank. The tank just can't support the blennies and the clowns. Zoa growth has been very good as has the growth for the LPS and SPS. I have fragged the red shrroms as much as I can. I actually have less than what I started with at this point. Time to let them grow!
A mixed reef is a reef with softier, LPS, and SPS instead of a tank dominated by one type.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by Andrew1113
http:///forum/post/2653779
Was does mixed reef mean? lol
Sorry probably a stupid question
lps, sps, zoas, shrooms. more than one type of coral
And nice tank. And take the compliment lol!!
Is the scooter staying well fed? Most ppl dont know but they pretty much have the same feeding and other requirements of a mandarin! They can go through pods like crazy also!

appaloosa1

Thanks
The blennies are getting plenty to eat. They get 2 cubes of mysis each day. They are lazy, there are still plenty of pods and flatworms for them to eat if they want. If they ever start to look skinny, I have a place for them to go.