18-24 INCH MARINELAND REEF LED LIGHT FIXTURE

jrbarker

Hello everyone,
I just received a 18-24 INCH MARINELAND REEF LED LIGHT FIXTURE in the mail today. I was wondering what every ones thoughts are on it. The Goods The Bads and the Uglies.
Just alittle Tank INFO for you all. I have a 29 Gallon Tank. I run a Fluval 405 Filter and a couple of power heads as well. I have two Clown Fish one Yellow tail Blue Damsel and miscellaneous other invertebrates as well. I have numerous mushrooms, some pulsing Xenia, a Green Leather, Zoos and just some other random small fun things.
Do any of you have thoughts on if these lights are going to be able to handle these in this tank?
Any and all information is a good thing. I will try and get a couple of pictures for you this evening to show you all what it looks like.
Thanks

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbarker http:///forum/thread/386765/18-24-inch-marineland-reef-led-light-fixture#post_3398912
Hello everyone,
I just received a 18-24 INCH MARINELAND REEF LED LIGHT FIXTURE in the mail today. I was wondering what every ones thoughts are on it. The Goods The Bads and the Uglies.
Just alittle Tank INFO for you all. I have a 29 Gallon Tank. I run a Fluval 405 Filter and a couple of power heads as well. I have two Clown Fish one Yellow tail Blue Damsel and miscellaneous other invertebrates as well. I have numerous mushrooms, some pulsing Xenia, a Green Leather, Zoos and just some other random small fun things.
Do any of you have thoughts on if these lights are going to be able to handle these in this tank?
Any and all information is a good thing. I will try and get a couple of pictures for you this evening to show you all what it looks like.
Thanks
This is just an observation on my part but shouldn't you have asked this stuff before you bought the light?
Friend of mine has one of these fixtures over his freshwater tank, I'm not terribly crazy about the color, to much white IMO. They should be able to handle your softies on that size tank though from what I have heard and read. Let us know how they turn out for you.

S

singewald

Saltwater fishes and corals like to be on cycles, so the always on, i bought a timer for my biocubes so that it is always pluged in, BUT it doesnt come on until the light system turns to night mode, then it turns on the lunar light.
If you dont get a timer(i highly recommend the one from corallife) you would have to plug in the lunar light as it wouldnt be a good idea to leave it on when teh tank has both lights on/

C

cidly43

Several months passed.Did your 29 GTank go well?
look forward to your share for experice and problem on your fish project.