180 FOWLR Aggressive Stocking Suggestions

droth335

I currently have a 125 reef and am planning a 180 aggressive FOWLR (tank is currently in the garage anxiously awaiting a remodeling project in the basement!).
I am currently thinking of adding about 5 or 6 fish - something along these lines:
- Lionfish
- Porcupine puffer
- Niger trigger
- Harlequin tusk or picasso trigger (my wife really, really wants a picasso!)?)
- Purple tang or imperator angel or foxface rabbit (other tang species?)
- snowflake eel
I am planning on having about 100 lb of live rock and a 55 gal sump/refugium with macro algae (ecosystem type filter).
Do you see any potential problems with this mix? Will the lion get beat up?
I know a cleaning crew is pretty limited with an aggressive tank but would any of the detrivore starfish survive with these tank mates or would the puffer and/or tusk make short work of them?
Any input or suggestions you have would be most appreciated.
Thanks!

fishy88

you might want to move this to the aggressive forum there will be more people to help you. voltan lions get very big and the triggers could beat up the lions. are you going to have a skimmer? i think with this setup you are going to need a skimmer.

stacyt

I would leave the lion out of the mix.
I would go with the porc puffer, niger trigger, picasso, foxface, SFE, and purple tang. Add the foxface, then SFE, porc puffer, niger, tang, then picasso.
As far as a cleanup crew you might try snails, and hermits. The triggers may take out a few of them from time to time, but it might work. Starfish are a definate NO.

armageddon

If you want to be safe you might want to get a humu thats smaller than your niger. Mine are about the same size and get along for now, but i have heard that humu's can tend to pick on nigers. As they mature, they will get more aggressive so take this into consideration. The triggers might nip at the Lion's fins. I'm with the others and say leave it out.