180 gal tank price

cmpowell

I have just located a used 180 gal glass without a stand no scratches with the glass tops.could someone tell me its worth or what i should offer.sorry if i posted in the wrong place.Thanks :D

What are they asking and what is it worth to you? I would offer $500 considering the espenses you have ahead of you. You will end up between $3000 and $4000 before you are finished. The tank is just the beginning. You need to take allof this into consideration with your offer. Price everything else before you get the tank.....it is a bigger commitment than you think.

cmpowell

I already have a complete 55 reef up and running and was considering an upgrade to the 180 and transfering everything over to it and then changing skimmer and anything else that is needed.There hasn't been a price set yet and i wasn't sure as how much to offer.Thank you.

ed r

I would check LFS's and PetsMarts (no not for fish) for prices of new ones. $500 sounds like a lot to me for a used tank. If you do buy it, be very clear in advance about whether there is any guarantee in case it leaks when first set up. I doubt anyone would guarantee it for a period of time, but it seems reasonable than it should be sound when you first add water. Good luck.

richard rendos

***** here sells a new 180 tank only for $579.00. So $500 for a used one sounds a bit high. I would say $250 to $300 for the tank alone. Now if that includes a wood stand, and possibly a canopy, offer the $500.

cmpowell

Thanks everyone for the help now i have an idea where to start.Oh richard it does not have a stand just the tank.I'll offer 250 and go from there, by the way love the new board.Thanks again:D