180 Stock Ideas

FinFollowerEd

Hi all, I'm getting back into the hobby after a long break. I'm looking to do a 180 or a 210 FOWLR aggressive tank. I'm thinking about how I'm going to stock the tank, here's my general idea.

Clown Trigger
Purple Tang
Harlequin Tusk
Huma Huma Trigger
Snowflake Eel
Lunar Wrasse
Dogface or Golden Puffer

Any glaring issues? Could I add another fish? Any cool expensive eels I could put in instead of the snowflake? Suggestions? I'm dead set on the first three fish, open to input on the rest.

Thanks for any help.

lmforbis

I don't see an issue with the first three. That is a list of big fish that will contribute a lot of waste to your system and crowding can lead to aggression. I'd maybe stick with the first 3, the eel (just not a fish eater) and add a few smaller, tougher fish like a maroon clown or dwarf angel for the color and movement. Add them slowly and in the order of least aggressive to most aggressive.
I'm not sure it is good to have puffers and triggers together. I've read the triggers can go for the puffers eyes. Nor am I sure 2 triggers is a good idea.
Ive only kept snowflake because they a stay small but I really like the zebra morays.

jay0705

Zebra moray is a nice idea. The clown trigger is a wild card. Once mature they have wiped out entire tanks.

FinFollowerEd

The clown trigger is worth the risk for me. I've had really good luck with them in the past, never had a particularly agressive one in in smaller tanks. Although I'm thinking my luck my run out haha. Thanks for the input.