1st disappointment from swf.com

nycbob

just received my order a hour ago. instead of a green maxima, i got a blue one. its still nice but not very happy about it since i already hv 2 blue crocea clams, and wanted to add a green clam. called swf.com but no one picked up. i will update to see what they can do for me. never had an issue with swf until this order.
great, just checked the site, the green and blue maxima r both on sale.

nycbob

just got a reply from swf.com. i am very very upset with their response. they told me to take pics from over the top. i tried, but the light reflection is too great even with the powerheads off. i emailed them 2 more pics with the clam on top of the green cap. they responded by saying t5 colors actually made the clam color bluer. i told them maybe they should state green clam was taken under 20k mh on their website, so people would know. i am asking for a $5 credit bc thats the difference in price between blue and green clams over the weekend. to make me waste over 30 minutes of my time to get $5, swf.com perhaps has lost a loyal customer for good.

spanko

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Have you tried using a glass plate or perhaps a glass with a flat bottom as a look down box to take the picture through? How about shutting down all of the Blue and or Actinic T5 bulbs and just using the white to see what the color is?

rlablan

I have seen many things like this lately about this site in particular. I have placed a few orders with swf.com but that was some time ago. I always had decent-ish customer service.
Since I have seen these poor displays of customer service from others I trust on here, I have since stopped ordering.

I have just been buying locally and getting what I can, when I can.
Sorry about your clam. I still think your tank is breath taking Bob.

nycbob

thanx. i am very surprise at the poor response from swf.com. i tried shutting off 1/2 of the light, but still got lots of reflection. i dont hv the glass thing. besides, i am talking about $5 credit. i already moved the poor clam 3x to get a better pic. i hate to stress it out and kill it. i understand people make mistakes, but to tell me my t5 made the clam colors look different is just an insult imo. they should really state on the site that clams only look a certain color under specific light temperature. i know the drs site stated that under their corals and inverts.

it still doesnt look green to me. maybe i need to wear a 3d glasses.

blanquita

I strongly advise stating your disapproval repeatedly. Reps usually watch these kind of sites and if they keep betting bad reviews they should help you out more because they are losing one loyal customer and at least 15 potential customers. Also try twitter. see if they have a following or something related and trash them.
Airlines and big corporations have been known to go out of their way to fix their reputation.
CONSUMERS HAVE MORE POWER THAN WE THINK
This coming for a finance major!

meowzer

Originally Posted by blanquita
http:///forum/post/3246605
I strongly advise stating your disapproval repeatedly. Reps usually watch these kind of sites and if they keep betting bad reviews they should help you out more because they are losing one loyal customer and at least 15 potential customers. Also try twitter. see if they have a following or something related and trash them.
Airlines and big corporations have been known to go out of their way to fix their reputation.
CONSUMERS HAVE MORE POWER THAN WE THINK
This coming for a finance major!
I totally disagree with everything you said......I do not think TRASHING a good company is an appropraite cause of action at all

nycbob

this is a problem with most business nowadays, and that is admitting they jv made a mistake. i tried looking at it from every angle, i cant see a tint of green. i hv to agree that internet has somewhat shifted the power to the consumer side, since most people can now google things or look for reviews b4 purchasing. i wouldnt be surprised if this thread gets deleted within days.

cam78

A good business wouldn't worry about $5.00!! Thats ridiculous. Come on SWF.com, give him the petty $5. I'll chip in if you need it. LOL!!

florida joe

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3246577
thanx. i am very surprise at the poor response from swf.com. i tried shutting off 1/2 of the light, but still got lots of reflection. i dont hv the glass thing. besides, i am talking about $5 credit. i already moved the poor clam 3x to get a better pic. i hate to stress it out and kill it. i understand people make mistakes, but to tell me my t5 made the clam colors look different is just an insult imo. they should really state on the site that clams only look a certain color under specific light temperature. i know the drs site stated that under their corals and inverts.

it still doesnt look green to me. maybe i need to wear a 3d glasses.
The only thing green about that clam is the coral its sitting on

nycbob

i just realized i also didnt receive my urchin. i guess i was so upset about the clam, i completely overlooked the missing item. i will hv to wait for more response tmo. i guess 1 bad order out of 13 orders in the past 3 years isnt too bad.

Hey NYC why dont you buy a top down box for your camera? theyre relatively cheap-$30 or so itll be useful after this anyway for tank photos and this way you can have whatever lighting on you want and prove to them its blue not green. Good luck with the whole situation

J

james454

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3246617
I totally disagree with everything you said......I do not think TRASHING a good company is an appropraite cause of action at all
I completly agree with trashing any company who makes a mistake and cant even give the guy the 5 bucks he is asking for. cause if nobody complains then they will just keep doing it. if they cared they would either send him one completly free includeing shipping or at least say next time u order we will add one for free. its there mistake they should take the responsibility and say hey we missed up we will take care of it for u.
I recently got a order and got a bunch of rics not one was bigger then a nickel. only reason i didnt complain cause i got a few more then i paid for. other items i got were great.

btldreef

I raise Maximas to live under PC lighting. Green Maxima Clams DO NOT turn blue under T5 lighting, even if they were kept under MH and move to T5. That's a bunch of BS because someone is trying to cover their a$$. Sorry.

spanko

1 out of 13 orders wrong. I always like to put things into some context.
1 out of 3 is about 7.7%
Would you accept 7 out of 100 of the medication you ordered from the

[hr]
to be wrong?
Would you accept 7% of the airplane flights you take not landing?
Would you accept 7% of the operations performed in the hospital to have dead patients?
Just sayin................................

lil.guppy

I have never heard of such a thing with different lighting. SWF customer service rep was full of bs
First order I ever made was terrible and I have not ordered since. Customer service was bad too. Just a little hint. Even though you might get that $5 back you have to spend like a minimum of $25 or $30 in order to use that credit. crazy!
I just like to come on here for the message board
CAUSE I LOVE YA'LL