1st order with sw.com/are you satisfied .

newfishliny

I will be placeing a order today with sw.com and never bought live on line , any thoughts. I am buying clean up crews for my 90. and a blonde naso tang. my tanks been running a good year and just want to add some new guys , as for my reef it is , knock on wood perfect. I was buying all over but the prices for clean ups in stores are off the wall , 40$ for a cleaner shrimp ect .I buy all my corals local, I really havent find anyone on line yet for quality corals
thanks
new fish

stacyt

I've ordered from this site a couple of times, and have been happy. I've never ordered anything other than the cleanup crews.

newfishliny

Originally posted by StacyT
I've ordered from this site a couple of times, and have been happy. I've never ordered anything other than the cleanup crews.

Stacy :) thanks for your info , then where do you buy corals on line if you do because sw does not sell real corals and in the past I have ask them( really basic) . but as clean up I will buy from them.
thanks again
new fish
Don

S

sebae0

i have bought 2 clean up packages and a blonde naso and everything came in perfect, 2 thumbs up. the naso is going on a year old now.

g13

My first and only order came in very good condition. Packaged well and the 2 fish I ordered (sixline and a black/white percula) were awesome. Perfect size I guess I got lucky on that both were 1.5 inches. Got some extra nassarius snails in my order too everything survived. I was very impressed, I'm probably going to order again very soon but I'm looking to split an order with someone. Anyone from Chicago?

stacyt

NewFishLINY,
I buy all my corals locally, as I like to see what I'm getting. I normally buy direct from the wholesalers. The prices on the cleanup crew here is pretty much the same as what I can get from the wholesalers, plus they do have a guarantee. Also they do get a lot of variety, and most of the time the wholesalers don't.
tippmannsniper3,
As far as the tang with ich, thats not very uncommon, no matter where you get the tang from. Thats why it should be quaranteened upon arrival, and IMO treated with hypo to be on the safe side. As far as most of the items being DOA, did you contact them? I have read posts from people in the past, and they received credit towards their next order for the items that arrived DOA.

elpezgrande

I just ordered fish and inverts from swf.com for the first time and everything arrived healthy and active. They were well packed, and I was a bit concerned about buying fish I hadn't seen before, but the false percs I got have nice coloring and were very active from the start. I definitely would use them again if I were buying enough at one time to meet their minimum.

gailkaitschuck

We're done several orders with SWF and have always been pleased. Corals would be nice. We're ordered the ricordea and they are a great deal.
The last order we got included a Watchman Gobie. Boy, was he tiny! Saw him the first night, didn't see him after that and we were concerned he was too small to suvive.
This weekend I'm looking at the sump under the tank and I see something yellow swim by. The Watchman had taken a little trip into the overflow box, down through the tubes and out into the sump. Still looks healthy but it's going to be a pain getting him out of there should we decide to do so...
Gail