2 dumb turbo snail questions

fishgirl

I want to get some turbo snails and hermits to work on the algea in my new reef but I want to know, should I buy less than the package for a 46 gallon is, so when they breed they won't overwhelm my tank? Also will they stick to the front galss all day blocking the view into the tank? Thanks 4 humoring my stupid questions!

G

gpoll34910

I have found that the packages work nice, so buy as suggested. And no, these critters will not block your view.
Originally posted by Fishgirl:
I want to get some turbo snails and hermits to work on the algea in my new reef but I want to know, should I buy less than the package for a 46 gallon is, so when they breed they won't overwhelm my tank? Also will they stick to the front galss all day blocking the view into the tank? Thanks 4 humoring my stupid questions!

kmatysek

This may sound silly - but the snails are fun to watch on the front of the glass! To me, they only add to the enjoyment of watching, and I'm always amazed at how fast they actually move.

fishgirl

Thanks guys -- the only reason I asked about breeding is because often in my freshwater tank when I get a new plant and a few snails come with it first it's 5 then 15 than 30! So I guess they really like the tank. I mean they do a gerat job cropping the algea, but with the amounts I used to get, I actually had to remove them from blocking my view! LOL!