2 new fish

iidylii

so friday I got 2 new fish from live aquaria and put them in the 20 gallon QT...bicolor angel and a Fijian exquisite wrasse...the wrasse is eating decent...but as expected the bicolor hasn't touched anything for the first couple days...I'm trying marine cuisine emerald entree and then straight mysis and so far he's not trying anything...so I guess it's just hurry up and wait and see if he feels like living

Here's a video of them though

iidylii

Yeah I'm pretty sure the angel has given up...still won't try any food what so ever (spirulina, brine, sea weed, mysis, emerald entree and marine cuisine)...the wrasse is eating just fine

iidylii

So in this particular instance where one fish is eating very good and the other hasn't touched anything in 5 days and has no interest in anything, would u guys seperate the 2 fish into seperate QT tanks in case the one has something wrong with it and that is why it isn't eating or do u just leave them both together? Just wondering what some of your opinions are that's all...I just don't wanna have the Angel die in 10 days and then have to start all over with the QT process on the wrasse for fear of not knowing why the Angel wasn't eating u know

jay0705

Bi colors are tough. I wouldn't separate them no. If it dies and the wrasse is fine i wouldn't worry too much. As far as the angel try some macro algae, maybe a peice of lr loaded w algae

iidylii

Ok I had LR in there but I added a piece now with a lot more substance on it also a nice chunk of chaeto...it's weird what fish go through I guess...it's a 2.5" Angel so obviously at some point in its life it was eating lol

jay0705

Certain fish just don't adjust well. Morish idols being a big one. Copper banded butterflies, orange spotted file fish, bi colors are a few others. Alot of it is providing there natural food in a tank is hard or expensive. The Orange spot eats coral only for example

iidylii

Well the Angel hated the chaeto and algae idea...he was dead this morning...no I'm kidding but I guess I wait 2 weeks to see if the wrasse is doing ok and then get the Angel reshipped and try again...I kind of wanna just wait for a DD one just so I don't end up killing off another one...we will see...

Scottish_Reefer

Not sure if this would have helped but I think I read somewhere to try soaking food in garlic to try and make it more appealing for the fish.