2 puffers 1 tank?

Can I keep a Hawaiian Blue Puffer and a Valentini Puffer in my 65 gal together?
Also anyone have any tips on how to catch a 15'' snowflake eel?

jenni620

my eel is pretty driven by food...if i put food in the tank, he comes right out of his cave...plus, he is pretty mean and bites at everything i put in the tank. he tries to attack the net when i put it in there. maybe try putting some food in the net and see if he comes to get it...

scubaguy

I have a dogface puffer and a toby puffer and they get along great. As for the eel, I agree with jenni620. Do not use the hook and line that would injure the eel. IMO I have a snowflake and he comes out anytime I feed, use a piece of shrimp or a silver side to get the eel out.

zeroc

This is ZeroC's finance. Every once in a while I pry the computer away long enough to post under his username

His reef tank is his pride; mine is my 75-gal FOWLR tank. I currently have a valentini puffer (3"), juvie humu trigger (2"), blue tang (6"), and a copper banded butterfly.
I really want just ONE more fish. I know I will have to move up to a bigger tank in a year or two once the trigger starts growing, and I don't want to overstock this tank, but my impulse is telling me that "just one more" should be fine for now. Am I wrong? Please don't be too mean if I sound like a silly girl who doesn't know anything, I'm really new to this.
I really really want a porcupine puffer or a snowflake eel. Our LFS has both right now, teeny tiny porcupine puffers (1-2" these things are so friggen cute) and very small snowflake eels.
Is either of these a possability for me, or do I just need to be happy with the 4 fish I have?

scubaguy

SFE should be fine but get a 125 or bigger soon like you said. I like to buy more fish and did and paid in the long run I lost two fish. To many fish at one time.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by jenni620
my eel is pretty driven by food...if i put food in the tank, he comes right out of his cave...plus, he is pretty mean and bites at everything i put in the tank. he tries to attack the net when i put it in there. maybe try putting some food in the net and see if he comes to get it...
My eel doesn't bother my fish, but I don't get why everyone can hand-feed their snowflakes!
When I stick my hand in the tank to give him a big piece of krill, he tends to ignore the krill and nip me right in the palm. I thought I was good to him!!!