2 questions... answer them NOW!!!...please :)

rbrockm1

i am not sure if it matters. i thought curing was just letting everythign die off and what not. not sure though

poniegirl

Curing live rock is a process. The same end result as cycling a new tank. Water flow is important to that process, but it does not start it.
Can you tell us the reason behind the question?

renogaw

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
can i ask hopw old you are
lol i've wondered the same since s/he joined.
but as for curing your rock, any watermovement will be fine. of course, it depends on how big of a tote you're keeping it in.

trainfever

It doesnt matter how od he/she is. they have a rude and arrogant way of asking for help. I wouldnt answer their question, so I'm not going to.

1journeyman

Water flow is important. You want brisk flow in a tank that you are curing rock in. You also want the rock to be up off the bottom of the container if possible and making as little contact with other rock as possible.
Any contact points can bury dying organisms and not let them fully break down. Brisk flow keeps the dtritus stirred up; again preventing "dead" spots.
Royal, watch the use of phrases like "ANSWER NOW
". Your questions aren't any more important than anyone else's and by typing things like that you seem to be saying they are. You'll get a lot more help by being polite.

f14peter

Agree with renogaw, any water movement is better than none (essential I would say), but depends upon the size of the container. 295GPH in a 60g bucket may not do it, in a 15g bucket probably okay. I have some LR storing in a 30-something gallon bucket in about 20 gallons of water and have a 700GPH pump stirring it up, but that's because it was all I had. The flow is pretty vigorous.
Also important to heat the water. I believe the literature that came with my LR suggested a slightly higher temp (around 80/F or a bit more) to encourage die-off.
Also, change the water, I recall the rock supplier suggesting 50% every week or so.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by f14peter
Also, change the water, I recall the rock supplier suggesting 50% every week or so.
Great point. Be sure to monitor ammonia in a curing batch of live rock and don't let it get over 1ppm.

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG

i agree with peter.
BTW i wanted to know how old you are becuase most of your posts have like some sort of rude thing in them like...... 2 questions answer them NOW.... please. I know that your doing it for an attention grabber but it gets old and when i see a post you make i just tend to skip right over it becuase a lot of the things you say sound immature and i get tired of it. If you yell at people it desint want to make them help you.
Please dont take this the wrong way.... its just constructive criticizem (sp?) becase i now see other people having the same questions that relate to the same thought I have. EX renogaw responded to me saying how old are you by saying.... i have wanted to know the same thing

bill109

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
i agree with peter.
BTW i wanted to know how old you are becuase most of your posts have like some sort of rude thing in them like...... 2 questions answer them NOW.... please. I know that your doing it for an attention grabber but it gets old and when i see a post you make i just tend to skip right over it becuase a lot of the things you say sound immature and i get tired of it. If you yell at people it desint want to make them help you.
Please dont take this the wrong way.... its just constructive criticizem (sp?) becase i now see other people having the same questions that relate to the same thought I have. EX renogaw responded to me saying how old are you by saying.... i have wanted to know the same thing
well said

scubaguy

He/She told me once his/her age is 14.
As to your question water movement, heater, and water changes. Hope this helps.

trainfever

I am curious why my post was deleted along with Ryan Hayes question about how old Royal Gang is. Let someone know that their thread is rude and arrogant and your post gets deleted instead of the rude ones? Some moderation.
I expect this post will get deleted also.

hot883

Originally Posted by trainfever
I am curious why my post was deleted along with Ryan Hayes question about how old Royal Gang is. Let someone know that their thread is rude and arrogant and your post gets deleted instead of the rude ones? Some moderation.
I expect this post will get deleted also.
Your post was deleted because it is viewed as possibly wanting to start trouble.
Yes this person needs to mature or atleast act that way; and until he does he will not be getting alot of help.
If a poster or thread bothers you, please pass it up or simply add that person to your ignore list.
We try to run a fun and educating forum and when we get notified of potential trouble or posts that could end up that way, we do what we can to stop it. Hope you understand. Barry