2 tank move

attml

I am in the process of moving 2 tanks around in preparation for my new 120 gallon tank which I hope to have set up by Sunday. I started moving my best frags and colonies out of my 55 gal SPS tank into my frag tank for temporary holding until the 120 is ready (in a month or two). Next I am moving everything out of my 30 into bins and will move that tank out of the way. Then I will move the remainder of the stuff out of the 55 into bins and move it where the 30 was. Next I will put the stuff (soft & LPS) that was originally in the 30 into the 55 (yikes - just saying it is hairy!!!). After that I will move the rest of the sps corals and rock from the 55 into the 30 until they are ready to go into the 120g at which point the 30 will come down. If everything goes as planned everything form the 55 will eventully end up in the 120 and everything from the 30 will end up in the 55.

flydan

Hey,
Sounds like you've got it all mapped out. Now just invite over 3 or 4 unsuspecting friends for some beer and pizza and you're all set to go.

Dan'l

saltcreep

Very nice, can not wait to see the new tank. I am dying to start getting enough frags to start a nano for my wife.

robchuck

Best of luck with the move this weekend. I'm still looking forward to seeing your 120 when it's set up.

attml

Thank you to everyone for the replies!! What a grueling day!!! I just finished moving the last fish and coral into the 55 gal! Everything seemed to move pretty well! So far, knock on wood, there haven't been any casulties My large purple rim cap is in 4 pieces which was kind of a bummer but other than that so far so good!! For you guys that were asking my Rose Bubble Tip Anemone it is one of my favorites too!! Here is a closer picture! I will post some tank move pictures tomorrow! Thanks again for the nice comments!!
Mark

squidd

Once you set up your 120 and go through a "cycle" mini or otherwise...How long do you figure till it's *safe* to add all your corals you are stockpiling...?
I ask because soon I'll be setting up my 54 corner using existing rock and water in tank and existing sand and macros in new fuge from my over stocked 20 nano...Once the nitrogen cycle is stable can I start moving corals over...all at once...or over a period of time so the tank can "build" stability with each new addition...?

attml

I will wait for all of my levels to drop then add some fish and make sure my levels stay down. After that I will incorporate the 120 back into my system. I have a 40 gallon fuge and 20 gallon frag tank that is stable and established.