20 gallon any suggestions

dmatthews

I'm starting up a 20 gallon tank! I've been doing some research........i decided on two percula clownfish and a blue hippo tang. Yellow polyps, hammer coral, mushroom, green star, bubble coral and button polyps. Are there any things, you know, not ok with the plan? Please help or give suggestions!

lefty

The blue hippo tang needs more room than that--not to mention they get pretty big. How about replacing it with a clown goby or some other small fish? Other than that, everything sounds good. :)
-lefty

tome

yeah i also have a 20g tank. I would reccomend getting a sea urchin if its safe with your fish. Also i would reccomend an arrow carb cause eat all other food. Also get snails and hermit crabs. Thats what i would do. Well have done anyway.

mbrands

Tome,
Have you had any problems with your arrow crab picking on your snails or hermits? I'd love to get one, but have been warned they can be mean to other inverts.
Thanks,
Mike

P

penny ish

i like the pistol shrimp and watchman gobi combo. Sometimes they can pretty entertaining IMO!! :happy:

tome

yeah i have had some problems with him killing hermit crabs and snails but that was after he shed a couple of times.
Tom