20 Gallon Plans?

demosthenes

Hello all. I have a 20G that is soon to be available for its first ever inhabitants. It has a 3" Southdown SB and about 20 lbs of Figi LR. For alternate filtration I have a Magnum 350 Pro w/ 2 BioWheels. I have been thinking about what to put in it for awhile, and was considering a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, but just saw Plum70RT's tank, and he has 5 Clowns in a 7 Gallon. So, am I alright if I decide to put a family of 4-5 in there?
PS I have been debating the Purple Lobsters that SWF.com has for sale. Would this be alright in my 20G FO w/ only the Clownfish and some snails and hermits as other inhabitants?

grouperhead

My 20g has 22lbs liverock, 40lbs livesand, and three fish. A yellow 'coris' wrasse (3"), a clarkii clown (3"), and a Brazilian flameback (2") which I just added after letting my tank mature for a while. IMO, I'm right at, or maybe even a little over my bioload limit. Bo

justinx

Check out my sig . . . . plus if you want canopy plans, i got some that i built for my tank.
Also, I think that in my tank, my two clowns are maximum bioload. I had a blenny, and the hair algae was off the charts. It has since improved significantly with the removal. Plus another thing to think about is that in a 20H with 20-25lbs of LR (depending on the porosity) there will not be a whole lot of room for a lot of fish to swim. I am really happy with only having two clowns.
HTH

overanalyzer

in my 20 I have two clowns and a moving my clown goby in there shortly .... think that is the max bioload. all of plums clowns in his 7 - heavy bioload .... personally would not do it unless I was changing the water 2-3 times a week
Also the blue lobster gets somewhat large and I have heard from the LFS that the one they have has eaten all of his tank mates ....

demosthenes

Okay, thanks everyone. I've decided to just go with 2 Ocellaris Clowns and an assortment of cleaner inverts. Thanks for your help.