20" odessey MH light

itsamyheff

I left a post a couple a days ago. Just wondering if anyone else had input on the 20" jebo odessey 175 MH, with 2-24 watt PC atinics, and moon lights. Also has dual fans. This light cost around $200 shipped. The price scares me. Any reply would be great. Thanks

A

andretti

Ya get what you pay for. If you read comments about this company's products, you'll find, they suck!!!!! My son bought the 48" set-up and it took a dive shortly later. Also, if you read on that big auction site, they offer no warranty...not even a day!. In fact, some of the "power sellers" have a disclaimer stating "Product made in China. There are no waranties and we are not responsible for any damages sustained while using this product." Great selling points hey! :notsure: Read around and you'll find either a fan broke, a switch, a skimmer, etc, etc.

alohami

I have also read that they are not UL listed, which really concerns me from a safety standpoint.
You can get an awesome fixture made but Current USA (makers of the Orbit fixtures) for around $275. It is the SunPod and it has the option of either a 70w or 150w MH. Both units have blue and white moonlights.
I have the 150w fixture myself and love it!

brucoh

Go with the current USA sunpod, they are not that much more. I just got the 30 inch model for my 29gal. Wow, is all I can say. It makes everything in my tank look so much better. Nothing beats that halide shimmer! I had lasik about 2 months ago so my eyes are very light sensitive which sucks because now I can't stare at my tank for too long. It hurts my eyes.
It also looks awesome under the 6 blue and 6 white LED moonlights.

skyhi

i wonder if that's true of the OLD lighting, or since ODYSSEY took it over. i haven't bought the JEBO but i have seen alot say that the old ones were blue colored lighting but not actinic. so when odyssey took it over they are sold at aquatrader.com. they look like they've revamped their systems but are selling them cheap because they have to rebuild their rep. anyway, they look good. has anyone bought any recently? like this year? i'm really interested if it's just crappy before odyssey bought them out. let me know. thanks