20" queen Trigger

offshore80

She's growing like a weed and loves to eat live Blue crabs. the bigger the better. But it's winter now so she's back on a squid diet. Anything that goes in the tank dies or gets chewed up like a pitbull on a bone.

bessycerka

That's a beauty! Makes mine look like a little puppy ( only 9 inches ) and yes, your hand WILL get bitten if you're not careful, hell, the blue jaw clipped me on the palm the other day....

matt b

Originally Posted by Thoroughbred
Including your hands?
i had a little huma and he was like 4in and he would try to eat my hand it was so funny

dlauber

that trigger is HUGE, is there any way you can get a picture of it next to something? preferably a ruler =P

offshore80

Tank is a 180 and she's grown way to big for it now. I had her in my other 175 BF but she almost killed all my other triggers before I could get her out and into her own tank. She killed a undulated, blueline, Harlequin tusk, Lunar (the one on my post) and a host of others. She played nice for about a year then all hell broke loose and I had to get the tank up in about a week or all my fish would be gone. I had to pull out all the live rock to catch her. She was about 9" at that time she realized her buddies tasted good. Now she hits the front and back of the her tank when she turns around and if I don't pay attention to her she will throw out a gallon of water with a tail swipe or knock the lid off. She really likes killing stuff... Mainly fiddler crabs or blue crabs. She leaves nothing. The only thing I do is take off the pinchers... Doesn't seem fare does it

offshore80

I've had her just over 2 years. I hope you have her in a big tank by herself or plan on it. They are very powerful fish and she can really splash out the water if she wants. I can't keep the glass in the front clean at all, cause water is always rolling down the front.