20 XT Jaw Tank update

fishmamma

I added some new inverts and lighting recently. I am having trouble taking pictures, getting lots of reflection off the glass. Possible due to the new lighting in addition to a nearby window.

Stocking list:
Yellow Headed Jawfish
Yasha Hashe goby
Anemone Crab
2 Sexy Shrimp
5 ea. Astrea, Cerith and Nassarius snails
5 blue leg hermits
2 Mexican red hermits
Green tipped Frogspawn
Various Zoanthids
Blue spotted mushroom
Aqua Medic Ocean Light 150, 20K bulb (raised up about 16 inches for light acclimation)
Once again sorry for the quality.

celacanthr

AWESOME!
Has the jaw finally settled into one hole??? Mine is missing....again!
I am actually really worried about him this time...
How often do you have to top of the tank with those MH lights? How many watts are they again?

fishmamma

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
AWESOME!
Has the jaw finally settled into one hole??? Mine is missing....again!
I am actually really worried about him this time...
How often do you have to top of the tank with those MH lights? How many watts are they again?
Oh-oh. How long has he been MIA for? I hope everything is alright. Does he not peek out looking for food 24 hours a day?? .....Although it sounds as though you have him in a refugium like tank and may be snacking on little critters?

The hole pictured above is where Jaws spends most of his time although he does occasionally use another section in the back of the rcok work. He and the goby pretty much hang out in double decker fashion all day. They have been trying to show off a bit to each other lately, especially Mr. Yasha. He has been trying to get rid of Jaws at feeding time but luckilky Jaws just gives it right back to him.
The lights are 150 watts and I actually have not noticed an increase in top offs yet. I think as the lights get closer to the tank surface that will increase but they are still up pretty high at the moment.

celacanthr

Ye, I am not scared that he doesn't have enough food..if he is still with us (
)...because I have gone about a month w/out feeding the tank at all...

fishmamma

Originally Posted by crazyaqua
Looks good i love my 2 jaws i need to upload the pics sometime
Very cool that you have a pair. So do they share the same burrow most of the time?? Did you add them at the smae time?
roo- Geez, I really hope your Jaw is OK. It is weird you havn't seen it in about a month then huh?
Mine is always looking for food but I don't have too many critters in ther for it to snack on.